The Thirtieth Day

Ely hated this assignment the most. Eragon went to get coffee and they had separate nights for dinner with the family. They always asked how the other was. They were miserable. Everything in Ely's apartment reminded him of Darwin. It was no longer his teddy bear. Eragon became his constant and the gym. This would be how his life would be without Darwin and Ely hated it.

Darwin was miserable. Every time the door opened and the bell chimed, he hoped it was Ely. He knew better but he still looked. He hated this. He annoyed his mom and Dennis with questions about Ely. They even did therapy at different times. The month just dragged.

Hillary smiled at Darwin. "This is it. Day thirty. Well?"

Darwin shrugged. "I'm not sure. We made it thirty days without each other...I know I could live without him." He gasped and smiled. "Denise is cleaver."

"What are you going to do?" Hillary wasn't sure.

"Well, I could live without him but I wouldn't have any fun!" Darwin shrugged. "I think I have a date!" He took off out the door. He got to the park an hour early.

Eragon smiled. "So, what have you learned?"

Ely was grouchy. "I know what she was showing me and I hate it. I can live without Darwin!"

"But you don't want to because you are unbearable. You better go get that sexy man or I will!" Eragon shoved him from his car and to the park. "If you don't do this, I will kill you, a lot!"

Ely glared. "It has to be my choice!" He turned and walked off. He wandered around the park for a while. He had to think and he had an hour.

Darwin was at the spot waiting. He paced. He checked his phone. That asshole had three minutes! "What in the fuck!" He was getting pissed. Why wouldn't Ely want to be with him? He took a breath and waited. Ely had a minute. Darwin stared as the minute ticked by. It was noon. Twelve o'clock. "What?" He was upset. Ely decided he would rather live without him! No way?

He dialed Eragon. "Man, he didn't show!" Darwin was in tears.

"What? I kicked him out of the car myself!" Eragon was coming. "I will kill him! I'm coming, Darwin."

Darwin hung up and stood there, lost. Twelve oh five! Ely broke through the bushes. He has scrapes and was out of breath "Fuck! Eragon dropped me at the wrong fucking park!" He bent over and tried to breathe. "Am I late?"

Darwin wiped his face. "Ely, you are fourteen years and five minutes late! Are you sure you want to do this?"

Ely glared. "I just ran across town!" He inhaled. "For you. I fucking love you, Darwin! You make me whole and I would be a fool not to love you! Okay? I'm sorry that it took me so long to get here! I love you and everything that I thought annoyed me. This last month was miserable!" He walked to Darwin and wrapped around him. "Are you okay?"

Darwin shook his head. "I was terrified that you were okay without me!"

"Hell no! It was awful. I never want to live without you, Darwin. We are getting married and moving into your house and having sex in your shower!"

Darwin nodded and wiped tears. "Okay!"

Ely smiled and kissed his man. He was going to marry Darwin. "I have loved you since we were kids, Darwin. I'm not stopping now!" He kissed Darwin and melted as Darwin kissed him.

Ely's phone rang. "What?" He was holding Darwin.

"Where are you?" Eragon was at the wrong park.

Ely laughed with Darwin. "We are at School Park, you stooge! You have to stop dropping me at the wrong places! Know your city!"

Eragon cursed. "Oh!"