A Different Day

Ely felt lighter as he woke up. He went to workout and spent the day catching bad guys. It was the same day as before but this one felt different. Eragon noticed.

"What's up with you today, Ely Stephens?" Eragon stared.

"What?" Ely was defensive.

"Uh, you almost started humming!" Eragon studied Ely over his sandwich.

Ely took a bite of his salad. "Nothing. I wasn't...I don't hum."

"Did you meet someone?" Eragon smiled. "You did! You met someone! Who is it? Do I know him?"

Ely laughed. "No! I don't know what you're talking about. I haven't met anyone. I am the same grumpy bastard I was Saturday."

Eragon shook his head. "No, you aren't. You are in a good mood." He watched his partner closely. Something was different but in a good way.

Ely sighed. "Hillary made us work through some things. Darwin and I are trying to work on stuff but...nothing new."

"Sure." Eragon smiled. "You are a liar. Something happened but I will let it go for now. I want details when you're ready!"

Ely just laughed and shook his head.

They stopped at Darwin's for coffee.

"I'm going in today." Ely got out and walked in before Eragon got out of the car.

Eragon laughed. He knew that Ely was in love. "Sure, nothing happened. Something happened." He was talking to himself.

Ely walked in but he was worried. Eragon was behind him. Darwin was at the counter and froze. Eragon smiled. "Good afternoon, Darwin."

Darwin cleared his throat. "Uh, morning."

Eragon almost laughed because it was two in the afternoon.

Ely nodded. Darwin stared at Ely and Eragon noticed that Ely was staring back. Eragon smiled as Marsha appeared and smiled. "So, a special whatever and a black coffee," Eragon ordered since Ely was busy.

Marsha smiled.

Darwin hadn't moved yet. He was staring at Ely still. Marsha crossed her arms. Sure, Darwin wasn't in love at all. They just waited. Ely finally cleared his throat. "Uh, the usual. Please." He stepped closer to the counter.

Darwin nodded. "Sure." He made the cinnamon drink with two shots of espresso and extra whip cream. He handed it to Ely and watched his face. He missed Ely. Badly.

"Thanks." Ely ate some of the whipped cream and held it out. Darwin laughed and spit in it. Ely smiled. "Better."

Darwin smiled. "My pleasure." He was ready to dive over the counter and drag Ely to the floor.

Ely smiled and looked at his drink. "See you in the morning."

Darwin nodded. "Right." They never looked away from each other.

Eragon just smiled. "Uh, is my black coffee back there somewhere?"

Darwin blinked. "What?" He turned from Ely. "Shit! I am so sorry, Eragon! Black coffee!" He rushed back and filled a large cup and handed it to Eragon. Ely handed him the twenty and left the change in the tip jar. He smiled at Darwin as they left. Darwin melted into the floor.

Marsha was fanning herself. "Whoa! That was hot! And you claim you aren't in love! If that wasn't hot love, I don't know what is! Whew!" She leaned on the wall and fanned herself some more. "Hotter than my hometown in Mississippi in July!"

"Marsha, shut up. That was nothing." Darwin sighed. He walked into the back and almost died. That was hot. He loved that man! He smiled at the memory of Ely holding the cup for him to spit in it. He smiled like a fool at a storage shelf and Marsha caught it. She chuckled and went back into the office. That man was in love.

Eragon got into the car. "Uh what in the hell was that?"

Ely got in and sipped his spit coffee. "What?" He pretended that was normal.

Eragon laughed and shook his head. "I hope you two figure this out soon! I bet the sex would be outstanding!"

Ely sighed. "We are not having sex!"

"Oh, you should! Those looks you shared were hot, the sex would be....flammable! An inferno!" Eragon smiled.

"Shut up." Ely sipped his drink and smiled into his whip cream. He sighed.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy. Please leave comment and vote.