First Date

Darwin stood outside the theater, holding tickets. He was really worried that Ely wouldn't come but saw his car pull in and park. Ely rushed up. "I'm sorry I'm late. I had to arrest some creep at the last minute. I have to go back and finish the report. Sorry!"

Darwin smiled. "Glad you made it. I bought the tickets, you have the popcorn. Is that okay?"

Ely nodded. "Yes. Come on. How late am I?"

"Fourteen years." Darwin smiled.

Ely nodded. He looked at Darwin's hand as he slowly slid his hand into Darwin's hand. Darwin squeezed and they walked to the snack bar. Ely sat beside Darwin and watched the movie. He didn't even care what it was. They shared a drink and popcorn. It was the perfect date.

Dennis got settled at home and Ely walked in with groceries. Darwin stood and helped him unload and put them away. "Dad, where is Hillary?" Ely didn't see her.

"She had a patient. She's at the office." He stood and walked to the kitchen. "Darwin was babysitting me. What is all of this?"

Ely smiled. "This is rabbit food." He stopped. "Look, I am not a huge fan either but it can be delicious and help you stay healthy."

"Something else you can control?" Darwin smiled.

"Yes. I can control the food that I buy and make at my place....tomorrow night?" He watched Darwin.

Darwin nodded.

Dennis smiled. "So, how was the date that wasn't a date?"

Darwin smiled. "It was a movie. Not a date and it was good."

"The movie was good. You should take Hillary. It was a cool movie. There was some explosions and a love story mixed in. I think she would like it." Ely smiled.

"Not what I meant, Ely." Dennis glared. "I meant how was...the date?"

Darwin laughed. "We met at the theater and saw the movie. Ely had to go back and finish his report. I went home."

Dennis glared. "That sucks!"

Ely laughed. "No! It was perfect. Dad, we have a lot of history."

Darwin agreed. "We have a lot to talk about."

"Well, talk already."

"We are getting to know each other, Dad. It's been fourteen years. I still have work to do on me." Ely sighed.

"Horseshit!" Dennis glared. "We all have work to do on ourselves. It's a process over years and we are always changing, Ely. We all are. I am not who I was fourteen years ago but Hillary still loves me. I still love you too. I know you aren't the same. I can see that. Darwin knows it too. Just....get this shit figured out. I know you are in love. I see it from the living room!" He marched back to his chair.

Ely glared after his dad. Darwin smiled. Ely turned and saw the smile. It was the sexy smile that he never figured he would see. He didn't know he moved but he walked to Darwin and wrapped around him. Darwin copied him and they kissed. They knew Dennis was right. Darwin turned Ely into the counter and pressed his body against him. Ely moaned and Darwin kissed him softly.

"That is so gross!" Raiden was there with Alexis and Hillary.

Alexis laughed.

Darwin sighed and put his forehead on Ely's. He wasn't ready to stop right now but he backed away. Ely slid his hands down Darwin's back and dropped them to his side.

"Go upstairs and wash up. Dinner is almost done." Hillary shoved the kids from the kitchen. She smiled at her boys. "Sorry to interrupt. I brought carry out from that grass place you love, Ely."

Ely cleared his throat. "Uh, the Grass Hut. I love that place."

Darwin sighed. "It's a health food restaurant!"

"I know. I eat health food." Ely smiled.

Darwin smiled at Ely. He still hadn't moved from Ely.

"So, how are things in here?" Hillary was curious. "How was the date?"

"It wasn't a date!" Darwin and Ely stated at the same time. Darwin stepped away. He grabbed something and put it in a cabinet.

Hillary just laughed. "Sure. And that wasn't a kiss. Sure."

Dennis was in the doorway. "What kiss?"

Hillary smiled. "Oh, not a kiss. They were not kissing when we walked in. Darwin wasn't leaned into Ely, wrapped around him and pressing himself into Ely against the counter. And neither of them moaned. Ely never had his hands inside Darwin's shirt either." She glared at the boys.
Darwin glared. "That never happened!"

Ely just laughed and covered his face.

Dennis smiled. "I'm taking credit for that. They are having dinner at Ely's tomorrow night!" He turned to the boys. "Right?"
"We were talking about it." Darwin sighed. "Right?"

Ely nodded. "Yes, but it will be health food."

Darwin sighed. "I'm bringing ice cream."

Ely nodded. "Okay."

Hillary smiled at Dennis. Dennis smiled. Raiden and Alexis walked down for dinner and complained about it.

"This looks awful!" Alexis was pushing her food with a fork.

"It's good." Ely took a bite.

Dennis nodded. "It's not too bad."
"It will keep you alive longer, it's good." Hillary sighed. She hated health food.

Ely laughed. "Hillary, I can get you some recipes. More grilled foods and no fried foods. No red meat. Well, treat him to something once a month. It won't hurt. Dessert is fine but it's the serving. Small servings. Single servings instead of a huge heaping bowl of ice cream, just a scoop. Things like that."

"I can handle that." Dennis nodded. "No more grass!"

Ely laughed. "But greens are good. Dark greens. Romaine and red lettuce. It's actually purple. I didn't name it. Nuts, low-fat dressings. I bought some for you that I like. Broccoli and green beans and fruits."

"What kind of cop are you, healthy food cop?" Alexis glared.

Ely smiled. "I'm healthy."

Raiden stared. "So, are you guys dating?"

Darwin took a big bite of his meat that he was sure was touffou. Ely looked at Darwin and back to the kids. "Uh, no comment."

"So, what was the kiss?" Raiden stared. Alexis was watching too.

Ely sighed. "I have no idea. Okay?"

Alexis watched Darwin. "Darwin?"

"It's no one's business." Darwin sighed. "We will work this out and let you know, okay. I don't really know!"

Ely sighed. "Me either."

"Is it gross that you're step-brothers?" Raiden smiled.

"We are not step-brothers!" Ely and Darwin said at the same time.

Raiden rolled his eyes. "Kind of!"

"We were older, we didn't grow up together..." Darwin started but that wasn't true. They did grow up together. Dennis was laughing.

Ely laughed. "Yes, we did but not in the same house!" He glared at Raiden. "Shut up!"

Raiden laughed. He just wanted to start something. He loved messing with them about this.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy. Please leave comment and vote.