Memories

It was eight o'clock when Ely got done with his paperwork for the day. He was tired. Eragon left early for a date so Ely was alone tonight. He thought about Darwin and drove past the shop. It said closed but the lights were on. He was inside. Ely pulled in and knocked on the door to the shop. Darwin walked around the counter and stared at the door.

Ely shrugged. "Can I come in?"

Darwin sighed. He walked over and opened the door. "We are closed."

"I know. I was driving past. I just... fuck! I don't know. I'm sorry, I'll go." Ely started to turn and Darwin pulled his arm.

"Come on. You can help me do the dishes." Darwin pulled Ely inside and locked the door. He turned off the front lights. "Let me get you an apron."

Ely laughed when Darwin handed him an apron. He tied it happily and they actually did pots and pans for over an hour. They didn't say a word, they just scrubbed and dried. Darwin told Ely where to put pans but that was the only conversation. Ely had the best time.

"So, you do this every night?" Ely finally felt like he could talk.

"I do."

"But you are here in the morning too! How many hours do you work?" Ely stared at Darwin.

"All of them." Darwin sighed.

"I'm sorry I messed up your life, Darwin. I really am. I can come in and help at night. I liked this." Ely figured he wouldn't agree to that.

"Okay but I'm not paying you." Darwin glared.

Ely smiled. "Deal. I will see you in the morning."

"For your spit coffee special." Darwin smiled.

Ely laughed. "Of course. I preferred to get the spit from the source but I will take it in my coffee. Night, Darwin."

Darwin knew this was a poor choice but... "Hold on. Your day started with my spit, it should end with it." He walked up to Ely and kissed him lightly.

Ely melted into Darwin and sighed. Ely lost any willpower he may have had. He pulled Darwin closer and deepened the gentle kiss. They both moaned and Darwin pulled Ely closer.

This was what heaven felt like. Ely died and was mistakenly sent to heaven. Darwin pulled Ely closer and wrapped his arms around him. Ely tangled his hands in Darwin's hair. He moaned and leaned into Darwin as he slid his tongue into Ely's mouth. Ely's tongue met Darwin's tongue. Their bodies molded together.

Ely didn't know where he got the strength but he pulled away. "Uh." He cleared his throat. "That was payment enough. Darwin, I will see you in the morning." He leaned in. "Sleep well. Only good dreams, Love." He kissed him gently.

Darwin sighed. "You too, Ely. Sweet dreams."

Ely walked to his car and drove around and waited for Darwin to get inside his car. He followed Darwin to his house and then drove home. He had to make sure Darwin got home safe.

Ely woke before he realized he fell asleep. He had slept without dreams. His phone rang. "Yes." He was up.

"Ely?" Darwin was on the other end. "I got your number from Dennis. I just wanted to check on you. How did you sleep?"

Ely smiled. "I slept very peacefully. You?"

"No dreams at all!" Darwin smiled. "We should do that more often."

Ely smiled. "I will never say no to that, uh, the dishes or the kissing?"

"Not the dishes!" Darwin smiled. "Can I see you tonight?"