Their Future

They were quiet on the plane ride. It was a long journey but they were home as the plane landed in Montana. Finally. Darwin had the luggage and Ely held the small bundle as they walked off the plane. It was nice to stretch their legs.

It was great to be back. Someone squealed and Ely looked up. Hillary was jumping up and down with Alexis and Raiden was all smiles with Dennis. Ely looked at the child in his arms. "Well, you are about to meet the craziest people on this planet but they will love you more than a universe of people. Enjoy them, Luli. Our pretty flower."

"Are you going to hog her!" Hillary wasn't waiting. She took the bundle and inhaled. "Oh! She is just gorgeous! I'm grandma! Hello sweetheart!" She was in tears.

Dennis hugged the boys leaving Hillary to her granddaughter. "How was the trip?"

"It was great! Long." Darwin answered. "Two months in China is a long time!"

"How do you say that in Chinese?" Raiden glared.

"Shut up!" Darwin glared. "Or I will make you change Luli the rest of your stay here!"

Raiden stuck out his tongue. Alexis punched his arm. "Jerk." She rushed to her brothers and hugged them then was in tears with Hillary. Poor Luli.

Raiden walked to the boys. "I'm really glad you're back." He hugged them both. "So, it's a girl."

Ely glared. "You already knew that!"

"I know but what else do I say?" Raiden shrugged.

"Congratulations would be appropriate!" Darwin laughed. "Okay, let's get going. I want to get home and shower!"

Ely sighed. "And nap!"

"Boy, you will never sleep again now that you have a child!" Dennis chuckled. He wrapped around his arm around Ely. "I am so proud of you, Son."

Ely laughed. "Because I am gay, knocked up my husband and we brought home a little girl?"

Dennis laughed. "All of that and you are true to yourself. It's been a very complex journey for you but you came out the other side a better man."

Ely wiped a tear. "Dad, that was deep."

"I've been hanging out with Hillary too much!" Dennis smiled.

"She is pretty great!" Ely smiled. "Mom? Are you going to give Grandpa a turn?" They were looking for the car.

Dennis inhaled. "I'm Grandpa!" He wiped a tear and took the bundle. "Sweet baby Luli, I'm your Grandpa and I am going to spoil the shit out of you! Sorry for the language!" He looked up. "Does she understand English?"

"Dad, she is a baby, no! She has no language but she will be a spoiled, entitled American in no time!" Darwin smiled. "Just like the rest of them."

Alexis and Raiden took offense. "We should have left you here!" Raiden glared at Darwin and Ely. He squeezed in between them. "I love you both."

Ely and Darwin got into the car with their crazy family and their little girl. Ely watched the road as he held Darwin's hand. They journeyed to the rest of their life.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy. Please leave comment and vote.