❅ Chapter Two ❅

Rolando Galvin beamed brightly as he set down some papers on the desk in front of him then picked up a picture of the former king. "Well Nathan, I know you would be proud of me if you could see me now." He began to speak as if Nathan could hear him.

He looked around the room he was in and it had taken a long time for him to be able to own this palace. "Even though you all may be gone, this palace will be a museum to what life was like when you were here. I am making sure everything is preserved and fixed to its golden days." He mused.

He set down the picture and sighed looking out of the frost-covered window in the dark daylight. "Though the only bad thing about restoring this place is telling those who come to relive the glory how you guys perished that fateful day." He ran his fingers over the golden frame of the Rosenberg family.

His eyes glanced over some newspapers which had the following headlines: "Rosenberg Royals Claimed To Have Been Murdered." "Rosenberg Royals All Assumed Dead." Many, many more headlines said the same things, all of which claimed that they never survived nor left the kingdom.

His eyes held a certain sadness that always showed when he spoke about them. "If only you had listened to me and let your guards protect you rather than being the hero. You had your pride, didn't you? Your family was the most important thing to you, but was it worth your death? Your family's death as well? All you had to do was let someone else protect them, not only yourself." He rhetorically asked the picture of his dear friend.

He pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind. He walked back over to the table and picked up his notebook flipping through pages after he picked up the pen. "Everything seems to be going right on time. So far, the only thing that happens to be done is having everyone here to do their jobs. Not much else has been done." He mumbled to himself.

He picked up some papers that documented those who were currently working on the palace. He wanted to have more but not many people wanted to work, mainly because most were still bitter about the royals or they didn't want to be looked down upon for working on the palace.

Vincent Convilment sighed as he sat down on a nice cushy chair in the common area in the castle that he had just walked into. He ran a hand through his floppy black hair as his hazelnut brown eyes watched his guardian scribble down whatever he was writing in the notebook. "Rolando, are you ever going to tell me what you are doing? You are always gone and I get stuck here helping rebuild this place." He frowned.

Rolando looked over at Vincent, he knew he was not going to keep it quiet for long. But he hoped it would stay a secret for as long as he could keep it. "Whatever do you mean Vincent?" He asked playing innocent, it was the best he could do.

Vincent groaned. He couldn't believe he was playing dumb. He knew he couldn't hide much from him. "With the visits to the orphanages, the phone calls, the cabinet full of red marked folders? You seem to be doing research and I know it's not for the palace. You seem so jumpy and put stuff away when I come into the room." He pointed out.

Rolando sighed heavily. He knew there was no way around it now he knew that bit. "Do you really want to know Vincent?" He questioned closing his notebook and setting it down on the table beside his chair. It happened to be a rhetorical question since he already knew the answer.

He shook his head moving the candle a bit away from him so it wasn't shining right in his eyes. "Once I tell you, you can not go crazy with the idea because I am doing it the right way." He explained knowing that sometimes Vincent got a bit carried away.