❅ Chapter Eighteen ❅

It had been almost twenty-four hours since they left Rolando's parents to get to Stella's quint home just outside Paris. They hoped it would have been sooner but alas things did not go well for them and everything that could go wrong had gone wrong. Finally, they pulled up to where Stella had lived and it was no doubt a relief for everyone.

It had a low brick wall that surrounded the house with an iron gate and two iron horses on the top right beside the gate with lanterns hanging from their mouths. It was like a fortress protecting the castle behind and locking out the world so it is only those inside the grounds.

Flowers around the side of the house in a garden with little stones on the edge separating the grass from the garden. It looked like a rainbow against the white-clad two-story house. A little fish pond of Koi fish and lotus flowers was settled off to the left in the middle of four concrete benches, which of course would be in it when the winter months had passed.

Rolando walked up to the gate and pushed it open after having unlocked it with the key Stella had sent him years before. She had told him to keep the key and know that he was always welcome to come whenever he wanted. "I have only seen this place in the small painting she sent me, never in person." He marveled walking up to the door. She had gotten the house eleven years ago before she had left from her visit to Paris. Which had been a few months before the attack on the palace.

Risa had never seen such a perfect little house, it looked like something from a painting. Nothing was out of place and it was so flawless, whoever made this all happen better have been getting a nice payday for this. "It is beautiful! I have always dreamed of having a little house like this myself." Not having the exact house but her little place to stay.

Rolando knocked on the door while he looked back at Risa and Vincent. "It is, isn't it? I do believe this house was used in a famous painting. I am not sure who but I recall being told many years ago. And no, I'm not talking about the painting Stella sent me of the house a few years back. A famous one of Parisian architecture." He mused trying to recall who it was but his mind was blank.

The door unlocked and it opened up to reveal one happy Stella. A huge smile was displayed on her lips and her eyes were ever so bright. "Rolando Galvin! I'm so glad you're here! I couldn't wait to see you! I have much to tell you." She exclaimed, throwing her arms around his neck and hugging him tightly. 

Rolando smiled, kissed her cheek, and pulled away from the hug. "Stella Bearenia my blossom! You look absolutely ravishing! You look like you've been kissed by an angel! You look like you've just been touched by the hand of Midas! How art thou?" He asked in a mock French accent to mirror her own. He was beyond thrilled to see his love 

Stella giggled, placing her lacy-gloved hand over her mouth, blushing lightly at what he had said. He was always a charmer. He had a way with words and they always made the butterflies in her stomach flutter. "Absolutely divine. It is nice of you to ask. I would ask you but I got your message before you left your parent's house." She said, stepping to the side to see the others.

Her eyes first laid on Vincent and she walked over to the boy. "This must be Vincent! Rolando has spoken highly of you. I am so glad to finally meet you. I would hug you but Rolando says you're not the hugging type." She spoke happily and with so much energy as she kept from hugging him. So, she simply extended her hand for him to shake it.

Vincent flashed a fake sincere smile to her and took her hand, gently bringing it up to his lips and pressing a gentle kiss onto it. "Nice to meet you too. Rolando won't stop talking about you. I feel as if I already know you and I hadn't even met you before now." He tried to sound as polite as he could but he was eternally hating himself for acting this way.