❅ Chapter Thirty-Five ❅

Risa was getting ready to go to Rolando and Stella's engagement party. Everyone she knew would be there, along with some people who she had never met. She was nervous but they new Stella and if Stella deemed them alright, then she would too.

She was not looking forward to seeing Vincent since she had ignored him for so long. A crumpled-up letter from him was in the trash bin beside her dresser. She didn't want to know what he said, whatever it would it wouldn't change what she did.

Yes, she had a lot of people telling her to forgive him, hear him out and give him a second chance. She didn't want to waste her time giving him a second chance when it could end up hurting her.

Yes, he had apologized, poured his heart out but it just didn't move her. It seemed he was trying too hard to get her to forgive him. She was working on it, but that letter seemed to make her go back to the beginning.

She walked over to the bed, typing a ribbon around Loyal's neck that matched her purple dress. "You look beautiful, Loyal. Éclair is going to be happy to see you. I am glad you two are becoming friends." She smiled, turning around.

Loyal jumped down off the bed and trotted over to the mirror. Looking in it she barked happily. "I look so pretty," She admired the ribbon around her neck. "Éclair and I have become friends, although at first, she was mean." She huffed sitting down.

Risa fixed her hair and paused looking in the mirror. "Do you think I am being picky? I look fine, but maybe I should put my hair up? I have to make a good first impression on everyone since half of those there I don't even know." She asked Loyal, letting go of her hair as it fell against her shoulders. 

She smoothed down her dress and looked one last time in the mirror. "Come on Loyal, we better get there early. I do not want to be late and I want to avoid Vincent at all costs." She motioned for her dog to follow her. She grabbed her coat and pulled it on. She then bent down and clipped the leash to the thin ribbon.

She led her puppy out of the room, closing the door behind her. Once outside, she led Loyal down the road towards where the engagement party was being held. It might have been a little nippy out, but it was warmer compared to the previous days. Besides, the air made her feel renewed. 

She pushed open the door of one of the sections in a building. She was greeted by the warmth of a fireplace, some familiar faces while others that were strangers. She didn't think much about it. She took off her coat and hung it up on the rack, then bent down and unclipped the leash on Loyal.

Monica walked over with a bright smile on her lips. "Risa! I'm so happy you could make it. Stella wanted me to tell you she is putting on the finishing touches and will be right out. You are a little early." She gushed, greeting the girl with a kiss on each cheek.

Risa nodded, returning the action with a smile on her lips. "Oh yes, I wanted to make sure I had enough time to get here in case I ran into trouble," She replied, pushing a lock of hair out of her face. "And to avoid a certain someone if I can."

Monica clapped her hands together as she looked down at Loyal. "Ah, you must be Loyal. Stella speaks often of you and how close you've become to Éclair! I am sure she will find her around here somewhere." She looked back up at Risa, grabbing her arms. "Now, come on. Stella wanted me to introduce you to a few people." 

Risa gave a surprised noise as she followed over to a group of people. "A few? Oh dear, is it okay that I am nervous? I am nervous." She stammered out giving a sheepish laugh. She had never felt this nervous before. Oh wait, she had, at the opera, waiting to see the Rosenbergs.