❅ Chapter Thirteen ❅

Medusa groaned loudly, beginning to pace back and forth. "NO! No! No! How could this happen again? How can people not complete such a simple task, one that is far from being hard?" She yelled out in anger, moving her hand across the table making everything on the table go on to the floor.

She could not believe that it had happened again. Was it that hard to follow such simple instructions? Could no one do such a simple task? Was murder too much to ask? "I am beginning to think I am the only one capable of finishing off the task! Trusting others with such a simple job is ridiculous that they can't follow through."

Hans frowned, flapping his wings and rising off his perch as it had been taken out and now was on the ground. "You have some serious anger issues Medusa. This is why I keep telling you: you need to handle it yourself to keep this from happening." He said, flying over to the chair and perching on that. "Or perhaps not do it."

He knew that she would be the only one to succeed, not that he agreed with what she was doing. "All this stress could be avoidable. If you could just let this revenge go. I would hate to see anything bad happen to you Mistress. So, please, think about finishing this by yourself." He spoke gently, trying to be very careful with his words.

Medusa rolled her eyes at Hans' words. Was he doing all he could to keep on reminding her that? All he had been trying to do is talk her out of it. He should know by now there was no talking her out of it. "I know Hans, I know. I will take matters into my own hands, but not yet, do you know why?" She asked leaning against the window.

Hans looked up at his mistress and shook his head, before going back and picking all that was knocked off the table. She needed to control herself, but that seemed impossible for her to do. "No mistress, I do not know why you haven't taken matters into your own hands." He said struggling to get his perch back on the table.

Medusa walked over and grabbed the perch, setting it on the table. "I am waiting for the perfect moment to leave this clock tower and take matters into my own hands. I do not want to waste my time on someone who isn't the duchess." She commented, picking up a few books and setting them back on the table.

Hans smiled perching himself back on his little perch. "Thank you, mistress. Perhaps I am right, it is a sign that she isn't the duchess. If she was, you would have already gotten her by now. Since you haven't, it means you got the wrong person. So you should let it go once and for all!" He suggested with a smile.

Medusa glared at Hans, was he suggesting she was wasting her time on this girl? How could he not see what she saw? The girl was Clarissa, she just didn't know it yet. "Tsk, tsk Hans. She is the duchess, I can feel it. She may not think she is or have a clue about her past, but I think I may have an idea to help her." She smirked, giving Hans a gentle pat on the head.

Hans tilted his head to the side. "What do you mean mistress? How will you help her find out who she is?" He did not like what she was planning, if it meant lying he would have no part in it. He was a very honest bird which is why she is always upset with him.

Medusa grinned evilly and picked up a newspaper that had Vincent's face on it when he was younger and tried to rob an elderly lady. "By influencing that Vincent boy to say she is the duchess. He will get the money and she will be with her family, then once she leads us to them I can take them all out." He cackled evilly.

Hans had to admit, that was a really smart idea. Although it was morally wrong, it was smart. "That is a pretty brilliant Mistress, although there is a slight problem. What if she doesn't agree to go along with the plan? She has to know he just wants the money and why would out of everyone, she be the duchess?" That was a plausible reason why it was a bad idea.