❅ Chapter Thirty-Three ❅

Risa attentively looked out her window, waiting to see Rolando pull up in front of the hotel. Today was the day they got her pocket watch and looked out to see who all had gotten this particular watch. It was exhilarating but also nerve-racking, all the outcomes made her a little uneasy.

She did wonder how many people had a watch similar to hers. She figured it was probably one of a kind, which would have made it easy to find out who her family is. It was only logical that if it was one of a kind that her journey would be over. Everyone was hinting that it was one of a kind, that she would immediately find her family. Her journey would be over and she would have the closer she needed.

She didn't believe that. She was starting to think that maybe it wasn't hers and she had found it or someone had found it and thought it was hers. She may have been questioning all she knew, but could you blame her? She had no real memory of her past, only bits, and pieces that she didn't know if it was real or not.

All her life she had dreamed of this moment, but it wasn't like she had anticipated. Perhaps she had gotten her hopes up or she had set the bar way too high. Either way, she just couldn't pick one emotion to settle down on, it was like a stormy ocean and she was sitting on a piece of driftwood.

She sighed, sitting on the chair in front of the window. She rested her elbows on the armrest and then put her chin in her hands. Her foot tapped on the carpeted floor, trying to see if she could spot Rolando driving down the snow-covered road.

She didn't know what was what anymore. Everything was getting more complicated. She didn't understand why her mind was acting this way or why she couldn't just understand that her dreams, her feelings were real and that her family may be right in front of her. Yet she just couldn't come to terms with it.

Just one day wouldn't give her all the answers, it would take weeks. She had to look through all the people who had gotten one like it, call them or write a letter, see all who had lost a particular pocket watch like hers. Maybe she was going a little overboard, but she was trying to plan for every outcome.

She groaned, just the thought of all that work just to find her family was discouraging. But she did promise herself she would find them no matter what it costs. The disappointments were part of the task at hand, whether she liked it or not.

She shifted in her seat glancing down at the pocket watch that was hanging down her neck. 'I am glad Stella got me this chain, it is a lot easier to wear than to keep in my pocket when most of the time I don't have any.' She thought to herself, her fingers gliding up and down the chain.

She smiled when she saw Rolando pull up to the curb. She rushed over to the bed and kissed Loyal's head.  "See you in a little while, Loyal." She whispered, beaming with excitement as she walked towards the door and opened it. With a bounce in her step, she left the room and closed the door behind her.

Rolando smiled as he saw Risa, in such a happy mood. He got out of his car and walked around to the other door. "Good morning Risa, ready to find out who all has had a pocket watch like yours?" He asked, opening the door for her so she would be able to get in.

Risa chewed her lip gently and she climbed into the car. "Yes, yes I am. I hope I get the information and the closure I need and perhaps find my family." She was worried, but she was doing her best to keep her nerves at bay. She needed to have a positive attitude about this.

Rolando got into his side of the car and drove away humming a little. "No matter the outcome, don't give up. I will help you until the very end. I will go through as many hoops as I must to accomplish your goal." He would always help her find what she was looking for until all ends were exhausted then he would do it all again.