❅ Chapter Seventeen ❅

Early morning, a few days later, Risa smelled the smell of eggs, toast, and biscuits. The smell floated into her room as well as the whole house signaling it was no doubt time to get up. That was the best alarm system, the smell of delicious breakfast to wake up to put you in a good mood.

She knew Marie was in the kitchen making breakfast. She hadn't ever had a homemade breakfast. She didn't count biscuits for breakfast back at the orphanage as a real homemade breakfast. The whole time they had been here she had made them such tasty meals. She has never eaten so well before now. Having a family who loved you was no doubt a joy. She hoped she would be able to find her own.

She got out of bed, making it before she went to get dressed for the day. Putting in a dress Marie had laid out for her the previous night was such a touching gesture. Not to mention she was able to keep every dress she had been given, it was nice of her. It may have been a bit dated, she was just happy to have a few choices of clothes.

She made her way down the hall and into the kitchen, pulling out a chair she sat down crossing her ankles. She glanced at those at the table. "Good morning Rolando, Vincent, Randolph, and Marie." She greeted them happier than ever. She then looked at the breakfast that was before her."Hmm, Marie, this all looks so delicious." 

Marie smiled happily as she bowed her head before sitting down. "Good morning Risa. I am glad you think so. It was made from the bottom of my heart with love." She said placing a hand over her heart before beginning to pour the orange juice. "This is freshly squeezed from my greenhouse. The orange tree was a gift from Randolph for our thirtieth wedding anniversary."

Risa found that so romantic. She didn't know how old they were nor did she dare to ask. She did know they had to at least be married for forty to fifty years. "That is so sweet." She wanted her future husband to give her such things after she was married. She only wanted things that had a purpose and not knick-knacks that sit and collect dust.

Rolando couldn't help but happily hum as he stuffed the eggs into his mouth. "As always, love makes everything taste better." He mused glancing over at his mother. He was going to miss her homemade food when they left for Paris. "I have missed your cooking mother, I am just glad to see you again after all these years."

Marie scooped a chunk of butter with her knife then spread it on the biscuit nodding her head with a smile. She was touched by his words and scoffed, shaking her head. "Oh, Rolando. Love is what makes everything better. I am happy to have you with us, being apart for so long has hurt." She placed her hand over her heart before taking a bite out of the biscuit.

Rolando's eyes brightened up at his mother's words. He had missed her but had been so preoccupied with Frontance and the restoration of the palace. "I couldn't agree more." He agreed with his mother since, after all, his mother was right. It hurts being far away from his family and finally, he was home.

Risa took a sip of cold and delicious orange juice. There was something about the refreshing taste of fresh orange juice. She set it down on the table. Seeing Rolando and his family have such a precious moment makes her heart yearn to have that. "What is on the agenda today?" She asked, breaking away from her thoughts.

Randolph sat down his newspaper on his lap, after folding it up. He had been busy reading the news that he hadn't been participating in the conversation. "I believe a few more lessons on how to act and balance them you will be on your way to Paris." Time has no doubt passed so quickly that it was hard to believe their stay was almost up.

Rolando was sad to leave but was grateful to see Stella, his one and only love. He had missed her and speaking and writing letters wasn't the same thing. "At least I want to make it to Stella's before dinner. This afternoon we will be leaving for Paris, our neighbor will take us, he had to go there to drop off a few things." He already had things planned out.