❅ Chapter Thirty ❅

Vincent stood outside the prison, waiting for his father to exit the doors. Brandon was finally getting out, and Vincent had said he would help out his father. This meant a lot to him to do and although he didn't exactly know how a son should act or what a son should do, he figured this was a start.

He hadn't been standing there for a few hours since it was only nine am. He had just finished his third and last croissant, he rolled up the paper and put it into the small brown bag that he set beside him. He brought the cup of coffee up to his lips, taking a sip from it. Although he wasn't hot anymore, it still was drinkable. 

His mind wandered to what Risa was doing right about now? Perhaps she was at the job she had gotten? Rolando mentioned how proud of her he was for getting a job so quickly. He also recalled he had said she had made two friends, which he was glad she did. That was something he lacked, considering he hadn't a friend nor had he made any.

He never saw Risa as the job type but he was starting to be proven wrong about everything he knew about that girl. She might have been dedicated and determined at times, but hardly disciplined enough to hold down a job. Perhaps he was being too cynical, after all, he had never been able to hold down a job so he might have been putting that off onto her.

His mind wandered again, he did hope his father was alright with the job he got him. Yes, it had taken a lot of begging and Rolando had helped set one for Brandon. He just hoped that his father would keep a job - that if he kept his word about wanting to change and to forgo his past like he was trying to do. 

He knew at one point in time he would have to speak to Risa. He still didn't quite know what to say to her. He knew he ought to apologize, yet the words were never just right. He didn't want to opt for a mere cliche apology that she ended up taking the wrong way. Nor did he want an over-the-top one that didn't mean a single thing and was only put together for her to forgive him.

Even after the long talk with Rolando about what he should do, it left him confused. He was never good with words unless it was to his advantage. He had nothing to gain with apologizing to Risa but maybe for them to be civil again. He knew they would probably never be friends, of course, they weren't friends, to begin with.

He sighed tilting his head back and looking up at the gray sky, he shivered as the breeze blew, nipping any skin that was exposed. His eyes shifted over to a sweet little family, a young mother and father held one of their son's hands lifting him off the ground. The young child laughed while the parents smiled.

A bit of jealousy rose in his chest, however, he was able to let it fizzle out. He had never had that sort of relationship with his parents since they both abandoned him. He couldn't deny he was still a bit bitter about it since what child wouldn't be after being abandoned by the two people who promised to protect you and brought you into the world. 

Yes, he couldn't change what happened so he ought to move on. Of course, moving on wasn't as easy as people make it sound. First, you had to come to terms with your situation and find peace within it. Then you had to forgive the people who hurt you and not hold a grudge against them for their actions.

That was something he knew nothing about. He was slowly trying to learn but it wasn't like they had books written about it. It was something you more or so had to experience yourself, rather than have someone tell you. Everyone's experience was different, his wasn't your typical experience, so the terms were quite different. 

He groaned, pressing his fingers into his temple and gently massaging it. Just thinking about this gave him a headache, which was the last thing he needed right now. He needed to be on his toes for his father and make sure he was taken care of first since he wasn't in good health.