❅ Chapter Eight ❅

Night fell over the vast East Siberian Sea, that was heading towards Valdivostok, Russia. Almost everyone on the ship was fast asleep. It was almost near midnight, the moon was full and bright. A galaxy of stars sparkled brightly across the sky. It was a peaceful time and those who happened to be awake were taking care of the ship itself.

Medusa's dragon minions flew into the ship, making their way to Risa's cabin to mess with the poor girl. Medusa knew that there was no way that Risa couldn't ever escape her Machiavellian plain since she had schemed every moment after she came up with it. She was sure this would get rid of that brat and let her live in peace with the knowledge they are all dead.

As they swarmed around Risa, they created almost like a lucid dream, a mirage, one that was so real you could touch and feel the things before you. Risa sat up in bed as she opened her eyes and she saw a bright light and classical soft music playing coming from the hallway. Anyone would think someone crazy was going on, but that never crossed her mind.

She blinked a few times rubbing her eyes and when it was still there she slowly got up to go and investigate. 'Am I dreaming?' She questioned in her head as she blinked a few more times. It was like a magnetic force was pulling her towards it and she couldn't make herself stop. It was as if someone was pulling her and she had no choice. She walked up the steps to the top deck since this was where the lights were the brightest and the music the loudest.

She couldn't believe her eyes as she looked around. "Wow." She was at a loss for words. It was a glorious sight: golden lights, gold tablecloths on round tables, bows on the chairs that seemed like a ballroom on the boat deck. In the corner, a group of classical musicians focused on their instruments. "I must be dreaming." She mused out loud crossing her arms over her chest.

She looked down after she felt this cold bumpy material she rested her arms against. She was wearing a beautiful gray silk dress, floor-length and beads all over it. She walked over to a silver platter which she picked up and looked at herself. She had a sparkling tiara on her head and her hair was all curled at her shoulders.

She stepped back and set down the platter, placing her hands all over her body. "This - this can't be real. I - no, this is just a dream. I am dreaming. It is a vivid dream that I will wake up from." She spoke to herself. How could this be even possible? She hadn't recalled changing at any point in time from when she woke up to arriving here.

A butler walked over to her, or at least that was what she had thought he was. His face was blurry so she couldn't make it out but she oddly could see expressions. "Good evening your highness." The butler bowing to the girl in an overly pretentious fashion.

Risa eyed the man suspiciously placing her hands on her hips. "Your highness? I am sorry, you must be mistaken. I am not royalty, I am an orphan girl." She couldn't help but feel this was all so weird. She didn't have a family, or that she could recall. She grew up in an orphanage and no one had come to claim her.

The butler chuckled as he smiled at the girl, he found it amusing she was acting this way. "Oh your highness, you are hilarious. Come follow me, your family is waiting for you." He beckoned for her to follow him. He pulled out a chair and waited for her to come over, so she could sit down.

Risa shrugged her shoulders and walked over. She was a bit hesitant but she could at least see where this went. It couldn't be that bad, could it? "Thank you, sir."  She sat down in the chair and crossed her ankles. She looked around the room, taking in this marvelous dream. Even though it seemed to be a mere dream, why not enjoy this alternative reality.

A woman, who seemed to be a queen, turned to Risa since she was seated right beside her. she had a warm smile on her lips as she spoke to the girl. "Oh, darling, I'm so glad you could make it. I was beginning to think you wouldn't come." The lady said. she had blonde hair and brown eyes, that was all she could make out. The face was blurred but those attributes stood out to Risa the most.