cha 1: the fire

Aizawa POV.

I sat on the edge of a building scanning the area. There was only a few muggings and low tier villains causing trouble. I thought about my life as sat there. Back then I had really nice girl friend. I smiled whenever I thought back to her. We were friends in middle school and continued into something more when we entered high school. I felt the need to protect people like her cause they were so rare in this shitty world. My only regret was letting her go.

I sighed reminiscing about those old days. She had a kid now and a husband. I wished I could have been him.

As I went on with my shift I smelt smoke. I turned and saw an apartment building burning. I got to it as fast as I could and burst into the building to see if there was any survivors. Two bodies laid completely burnt on the floor, barely recognizable. 

There was crying coming from behind the sofa and rushed over quickly. A small boy with black hair and green highlights sat crying clutching onto a metal box. He looked up to me and moved back startled "D-don't h-h-hurt me" he cried
"Don't worry kid, I'm a hero" the boy seemed to have calmed down a bit and scooped him and jumped out the burning building.

Rescue heroes had arrived at the scene quickly and helped put out the fire. The boy clung to me as though his life depended on it.

Naosama was there at the scene and asked what had happened. I told him what I had come across. The two burnt bodies were put in body bags as the boy tried to hide his face in my shoulder. He sobbed into it as I patted his back.

Its a cruel fate to watch your parents die, I thought.
"The couple was Hisashi and Inko Midoriya" Naosama said and I instantly felt my heart drop. "What did you say?" I asked not wanting this to be true

Naosama looked at me with confused look and he told me once again who had died in the fire. It was Inko. My once best friend and lover. The detective looked at me with confused eyes as I clutched and held the small boy in my arms.

I took in shaky breaths not wanting to believe this reality. "Erasure head are you all right?" Naosama asked looking worried. I tried to compose myself but the shock was to much.

"She was a friend" I said referring to the now burnt body of the woman I loved. I felt as though I was going to have a panic attack when suddenly a whimper came from the boy. I held him close not wanting to let go.

He was now the only physical proof that Inko had been here. That Inko had been alive. I had let her go and look at what had happened.

"You had a long night, and why don't you take the boy home with you" he said noticing that the boy wouldn't be letting go of me as I wouldn't be letting go of him.

[Time skip]

I sat the boy down in my bedroom and took the couch. I needed to compose myself. Having one person see me break was enough. Why did Inko have to go like that. The last I saw she was happy with her husband. Why? I questioned the reality I was in. The boy was Izuku Midoriya. Her only son. He had no other relatives.

Inko was an orphan and little was known about her husband. I managed to compose myself and took to see the boy. Unruly black hair with green highlights and freckles on his face. It reminded me greatly of Inko. What would happen to the kid, I wondered. Both parents are gone and no relatives. He'd be put in an orphanage.

For some reason losing the last remnant of Inko didn't sit well in my stomach. I decided to think about it more later and give myself time for myself and the boy to grieve, knowing that God had taken back his angel.