3am heartaches

"I don't know how to answer that Sophie. I suppose you have to figure it out for yourself. Nothing and no one can get you through heartbreak but you, although I'm sure the mallow melt helps." Biana offered her friend.

"Well I guess I need to get closure first. I need to talk to him. I just don't know what to say, or how to act anymore. I don't hate him Biana, I still want to be with him... But I need to talk to him about it and I need space from him too."

"Sophie are you sure that's what you want? He cheated on you, and you want to talk to him? It's ok if your just putting on a brave face, you can break something. Make something shatter."

"No. That's already happening to my heart. I wouldn't wish the pain on anything, or anyone else."

"Sophie, I'm here for you."

"I know. Thank you."

"Always."

The two smiled at each other, and Sophie knew Biana would be sleeping over with her. They'd watch human movies, thanks to Dex's mom, and they'd finish the mallow melt, if it wasn't already gone. Over all, Biana would help Sophie's heart piece itself back together.

The two laughed and joked and talked and cried all night, until they finally fell asleep at around 3am.

3am was Sophie's favorite time. Usually she was alone at 3am, and liked it that way, but she always loved having Biana with her.

But being alone at 3am wasn't actually being alone.

See, if 3am was an actual person, she would tell it everything. Secrets and thoughts. Dreams and fears. Because 3am is there for you. It would listen to you and understand you like nobody else could ever. Because 3am is there when nobody else is. Everyone gets to a point where they want to be alone but don't want to feel lonely, and that's what 3am is there for. To keep you company on your sad days. To ensure you never give up. To help you keep dreaming, and keep believing.

So while Biana sleeps at 3am, Sophie will be up thinking, dreaming, and believing she'll be able to get past this horrible feeling of heartbreak, and become happy again.

The days after Biana slept over Sophie stayed up till 3am. Edaline became very worried that her adopted daughter wasn't getting enough sleep, but Sophie was more than fine. She wasn't an ounce of tired, infact was wide awake. She didn't feel quite so broken anymore! But the pain of heartbreak kept coming back at the most random of times.

When it did, Sophie would get a bit choked up, and feel tears stinging in her eyes. And a pull from her heart.

In response the blonde would close her brown eyes for a moment, let the feeling subside, and carry on with a smile plastered on her gorgeous face.

In all honesty she was in no shape or form alright, but acted as if everything was a-okay. So she ended up convincing herself she was.

Sophie carried on like this for a while, but then she laid her eyes on Fitz. He was with her. Sophie knew then that she had to talk to him. Needed to. She needed closure to get past this.

So she went over.

"Am I interrupting something important, cause I need to talk to Fitz."

"Sophie!" Fitz's jaw was hanging open slightly, he was genuinely surprised to see me.

The girl however, was not. "We're in the middle of a very important conversation." She snapped with glistening eyes. She was holding back tears.

"It's not that important. We're done here." It was clear to Sophie that Fitz was done with the conversation, but the girl (what was her name again) was not.

"No Fitz, this conversation is not over!"

"Yes, Cattia, it is." He finalized.

(So that's her name)

She huffed and turned on her heal, quickly walking away.

Sophie stood awkwardly to the side, rubbing her arm. Fitz turned to her, motioning for her to talk.

"I'm sorry." She blurted, "I am so sorry for not paying enough attention to you. But that is not a good excuse, there is no good excuse for cheating on me. This isn't how it's supposed to be. The way we fell for each other was beautiful, the way we stuck together through so many horrible things. The way our hearts had weird feelings just from one look at one another. There's no way that it was supposed to end. But you cheated on me, so it did. But I... I can't get over you no matter how hard I try. And the goodbye didn't hurt as much as the flashbacks I've been having of us. Our almost kisses and moments where everyone was all 'ew they're staring into each other's eyes again.' and you broke my heart to millions of unbelievably tiny pieces, but I don't hate you for it. Not one bit and I've been thinking on it for a long time and, well, I think I love you. So just, I need you to figure out what you want because I am more than willing to give you another chance."

Fitz stood, shocked in place, processing everything Sophie just said, then pulled her into a very tight embrace and transmitted, "I love you too, and I would love to get together again. I promise I won't cheat on you ever again."

Sophie smiled into the embrace, and could feel the pieces of her heart glueing themselves back together.

                               ❤️

Haha plot twist, bet you didn't expect that 😝 please don't hate me. Also I get a tone of the deep stuff from Pinterest cause I've never been good at feelings soooooi, but most of it is my own work. The plot and all is mine. The deep stuff is Pinterest.