Drowning

"Sophie you did what was best for you, you can't feel bad about that." Biana told her.

Sophie had called Biana over after she stopped crying over Fitz again. She knew she shouldn't have been, because she was doing what was best for her and she was awesome and she didn't need him. And she was sure of that, at least at first she was. The first few days she was great! Then she saw him everywhere and it got to her head, and then her heart.

Yell at me all you want, but Fitz had me at a point where I would've left the entire world for him. In I sense, I already had a long time ago when he first took me to the Elvin world, but that's besides the point.

"I know, but I just... I wish my relationship with him didn't end the way it did." She confided in her friend.

"Sophie, you deserve someone cute who doesn't flirt with other girls around your back and hails you first and doesn't ever let you forget how beautiful you are! A.K.A. not Fitz!"

"I know, I just, maybe I'm not worthy of being loved. Maybe I'm just not enough for anyone. Maybe-"

"Don't you dare even finish that sentence." Edaline interrupted.

Both girls turned to her with wide eyes and shocked expressions.

"Mom." "Edaline." The two said in unison.

"Biana, your mom is asking for you to head home. She tried to hail you but you weren't answering."

"Oh, oops. See you Sophie." Biana cast a 'good luck' glance towards Sophie before leaving.

Sophie gave her a small smile, and turned to Edaline.

"Sophie, let's have a heart to heart, okay?"

"Sure."

"Alright. It's been a while since I've done this, so I'm going to do my best."

"Okay."

"Alright then. Sophie, Fitz did you dirty, but he was not the last person you'll ever be with. It hurts this bad because he was the first, not to mention you gave him two chances. But he's not the kind of guy you want to date. You're going to want to date the guy that asks you how tour day was, and walks you to the door. Who makes you a plate or gets extra food for you. Date a boy who talks to his friends about you, but not in the way Fitz did, in a adoring way. The boy you want to date will give you his clothes to wear because he knows you love the smell of them. The boy who opens doors for you. The boy who's going to put time and effort into your relationship. And once you have him, dear lord Sophie, never let him go. Because that's the kind of boy that you'll marry. How was that?"

Sophie had tears welling up in her eyes and starting to leak down her face, and she felt so loved and cared for, she was about to break down completely.

"Oh Sophie, don't cry!"

"It's just, that made me so happy" Sophie blubbered.

"Oh, Sophie." Edaline squeezed her adopted daughter in a very long and tight hug.

When they pulled away from each other, Sophie wiped her eyes and laughed.

Then Edaline laughed.

And then they were curled over laughing.

And then Sophie was crying again.

"Dear God, Eda, you broke our daughter." Grady chuckled from the doorway.

Then he walked in. Edaline and him nodded to each other, and swapped. Grady was sitting on the bed with Sophie, and Edaline left the room.

"Hey kiddo." He said.

"Hey Grady."

"You doing ok, you've been in here crying a lot recently. I knew you had recently broken up with Fitz, so I wanted to give you some space. However, just about everyone else has been in here to comfort you, even Keefe- don't gasp at that, yes I know he was here! I won't ask questions about where he's been, don't worry. Anyway, figured it was my turn."

Sophie was so shocked he didn't make a scene about Keefe, she just nodded.

"Cool. So let's start with the fact that I know marriage is FAR away. But one of the boyfriends you have you'll marry. That or break up with them, but that's not the point. I'm going to do everything in my power to ensure you marry the right guy, alright. So here's a few things he has to do. He has to have my approval to date you, and definitely to marry you. He has to make you laugh like you've never laughed before. He has to stand up for what he believes in. He has to believe in you, protect you, and make you feel like a princess. He has to be serious, but can have fun too. He has to be ok with watching your stupid human movies, just to spend time with you. He has to want to spend time with you in general, and give you his undivided attention. He has to make you feel completely comfortable with him, and be comfortable around you too. And most importantly, he has to be not only you boyfriend, but your best friend in the world. The one you think of first and go to with anything and everything. You understand. And I will be the judge of all this."

"Ok dad, I got it" Sophie laughed.

"Oh also, you can't love him more than me." Grady winked at her as he stood up to leave.

"I could never."

"Good, love you kiddo."

"Love you too."

And then Grady left, leaving Sophie with her thoughts.

And the voices in her head we're trying to kill her.

Even with the amazing things her parents just told her, she couldn't help but listen a little.

They whispered things like your not enough for the people around you and just give up on your life, everyone else has.

Until she was sitting in the bathroom on the floor balling her eyes out, covering her mouth so she wouldn't worry anyone.

You don't deserve love.

Why are you fighting, it's all over?

Nobody really cares.

Your so ugly.

Why do you try?

You'll never do anything successful in your life.

You'll never succeed in anything.

Nobody likes you.

No one is actually here for you, they just feel bad. "Poor Sophie"

No one understands you.

No one will care if you die.

Your not worth living, or living.

Fitz cheated because your not easy to love.

Remember when Biana was pretending to be friends with you, she never stopped.

And all these thoughts made Sophie so numb, she HAD to feel something.she remembered humans cutting to help them feel something when they couldn't feel anything. So Sophie looked around for scissors, and cuts her thigh.

Sophie gasped in pain, feeling the sting and seeing the deep red blood leaking out of the line she made, and started to cry harder. She threw the scissors across the room, never wanting to touch them again.

"Sophie!?" She heard Keefe in the doorway, looking down at her and the bloody cut, that would soon scar.

With tears in her eyes, streaming down her already stained face, and dripping off her chin, she gasped, "Keefe!"