Here to help

The morning after Edaline spoke to Sophie, she dicided to talk to Fitz about the party during school. So, she got into her uniform for Foxfire, and light lept over. The first person she saw was Dex.

"DEX!" She called, running over to hug him, "I haven't seen you in ages! Where have you been?"

"Uhhhhhh......just, you know, around. In my lab. At slurps and burps working with Dad."

"What aren't you telling me?"

"Nothing!"

"Your not telling me something."

Sophie scanned him with her eyes, trying to figure out what.

"Look, Sophie, you can't know yet. It's not time."

"Aha! So you are hiding something!"

"SHH! Yes, and did you hear the part about you not being allowed to know? Oh, I'm so dead!"

"Please, my lips are sealed."

"Don't go telling Biana, or Edaline!"

"Okay, okay, geez. Best friends honor."

"That's not a thing."

"It is now."

"Mhm..."

"So when do I find out about this thing?"

"SOPHIE!"

"Okay okay, I'm sorry." she said laughing and smiling with her best friend.

She and Dex talked while going into the large building, sitting through announcements, and getting stuff for classes. Before they separated they promised to hangout soon.

Now all Sophie had to do was get through the day, and then get to Fitz.

~~~~~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sophie was talking to Dex again while putting away her books when she spotted Fitz hurrying to turn a corner.

She quickly said goodbye to Dex and rushed to follow him.

Sophie turned the corner only to find the lips of her boyfriend, who claimed to love her, on Cattias.

She gasped and ran away. Running as far and hard as she could. She could hear Fitz calling her name behind her, but she didn't care. She had to get out of the school, away from him and Cattia.

The image of Fitz with his lips on Cattias made Sophie sick to the stomach, but she kept on running. She eventually found herself in the middle of nowhere, but it was better than being by him.

So she cried her eyes out again, wishing that she never went to school that day, and wishing she could hate Fitz. But she just couldn't bring herself to it.

She wished that just once she would be hard to leave. Just once would she be able to have a great boyfriend who doesn't cheat on her. Sure, Fitz was her only boyfriend ever, but she dated him twice now. And both times, he's cheated on her. And just like that the glue holding her heart together cracked, and shattered, causing her poor already damaged heart to fall into even tinier pieces than before.

"Sophie?" A familiar voice called out to her. A male voice, but not Fitz's or Dex's.

She turned her head so fast she almost got whiplash.

"Keefe?"

The second she turned to him, he rushed over, but she backed away.

"No." She said, "No you can't just come back now. Where were you forever ago? You left without a warning, without even saying... Saying bye."