Breaking up

The next morning when Sophie woke up, she got ready for Foxfire. They only had a few days left until their Final tests, and then they'll be on break.

Edaline asked Sophie if everything was okay during breakfast, and Sophie told her it was, but she'd like to talk quickly.

Edaline nodded and Sophie told her what happened. Funny thing is, she didn't cry. She wanted to, but all her tears we're dried up.

"Edaline what do I do?"

"Let him go Sophie, let him go and move on. I Know you don't hate him, and I can tell you want to give him another chance, but you need to move on. For you. You need to make space in your heart for someone who can love you as much as you love them."

"But how do I know that there isn't still hope for us?"

"Because you did everything you could do, tried everything you could try. You did what you were supposed to- stayed loyal, and stuck by him through even the worst times. You gave him your best, your all- and maybe that right there should be enough for you to realize you're better off without a person who doesn't appreciate, or respect your love."

"Okay but-"

"No. If he wanted you he'd be with us now. if he wanted you, you'd never have to question anything. If he wanted you, he would have chosen you."

Sophie nodded, thinking about what her mom told her. "I think it's high time I break up with Fitz. For good."

Her mom smiled and hugged her, then sent her off to school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sophie got through the day without seeing Fitz what-so-ever, however she did manage to catch him just before he light lept away.

"FITZ!" She called out to him.

Fitz turned really quickly and gave a sad smile.

"I'm so sorry Sophie, I can't begin to explain-"

"Then don't. Listen." She took a deep breath and spoke from her heart:

"I'm done. With you. With us. With words that mean one thing and actions that say another. With every moment of dishonesty. I see clearly now that if you really wanted to give me your time and affection, then you wouldn't make me beg or bleed for it.

There was nothing I could have ever done, nothing about me would ever be good enough for you. Honestly, I'm surprised we lasted as long as we did the first time.

And then I was dumb and gave you a second chance, and you promised for that second chance you wouldn't cheat on me again. You promised but you did!

And another thing, please quit telling people you lost me as if your the victim here. Tell the truth for once in your life, tell everyone how you cheated on me with Cattia. You had something good and you messed it up all on your own. How many more chances did you expect to get? How many more tears did you think I'd give you? You think you lost me? You didn't lose anything. You had two choices; to do better ,or to stay the same. Ironically I had the same two choices So while you chose stay the same, I've decided to do better and leave you.

Starting today I need to forget what's gone, appreciate what still remains, and look forward to what's coming next.

And my biggest mistake in all of this wasn't falling for you, it was believing you fell for me too.

And I can promise you this; one day you'll wake up and notice you should've tried. That I was worth the fight.

So I wish you and Cattia well because Fitz, I was worth the fight."

And with that I walked away, and light lept home, where my adoptive mother would congratulate me on doing what's best for me, and starting fresh, and being oh so very brave.