I can't lose you...

Sophie and Keefe just started at each other for awhile, until Keefe moved to her and engulfed her in a tight hug.

She allowed herself to sink into it, and get all her left over tears out, praying that the cut she had just made wouldn't be so noticable as a scar.

When Keefe pulled away, Sophie felt very cold. She wanted him to hug her again, to give her back the warm feeling she just had.

But Keefe moved towards the cabinets to pull out Sophie's trusty first aid kit that Elwin had insisted on her keeping in her room. She put it in the bathroom instead because she didn't have space for it in a drawer, and she did not want to give Biana and Dex another reason to tease her on her clumsiness.

Sophie was holding her thigh and watching Keefe look for the right bottle for her specific predicament.

Sophie prayed none of her body guards would find out about this.

When Keefe figured out what he needed, he walked back over to Sophie and took care of her.

Why is he doing this for me?

"What are you thinking, Foster?"

Sophie snapped her head up from looking down, her eyes wide, "Uh, nothing."

"You're thinking something" Keefe insisted, almost done bandaging her thigh.

"It's nothing" she muttered.

Stupid empaths.

"Foster, Foster, Foster. How many times do I have to tell you, you can't lie to an empath. Especially not one that can read you as well as me." He said, lightening the mood.

Sophie felt a sudden urge to apologise, she wasn't sure why though. She had no reason to be sorry to Keefe, only herself. But still, she did, "I'm sorry." She told him.

"For what, cutting yourself. I'm not the one you should be apologising to. You should be apologising to you." He stated, his hand on her thigh and looking into her eyes. "Sophie, I get that you're upset about having just broken up with Fitz, but you can't be cutting yourself. Why'd you do it?"

"To feel something." She answered, "I wanted to feel something, anything! Anything but heart break..."

"Oh, Sophie." Keefe sighed and hugged her again. He couldn't stand seeing her like this. "Sophie, you just gave yourself a battle scar."

"Huh?"

"You know, a battle scar. It shows your pain, but as long as you don't make more, it will show your strength. Because Foster, you are the strongest person I know, you've gone against the neverseen countless times. You read an ogres mind. You helped birth an alicorn. You were kidnapped, burnt, and left for dead with Dex and still managed to get the both of you to safety. You dealt with a ability restrictor. You saved me numerous times, and the rest of our friends. And still, you never got like this. I know Fitz broke you, but you will survive this. And because you've been there for me when I needed it most, I'm talking about window sleep overs, I am here for you Sophie. And I promise to help you through this."

"I've gotten a ton of motivational speeches from tons of different people already, but that one but far had to have been the best." Sophie told him, laughing slightly.

"Glad I could help." Keefe told her.

"Keefe?"

"Yeah Foster?"

"I missed you so much" Sophie told him, hugging him once more. "Please don't leave me again."

"I won't."

"I can't lose you."

"You never did Foster. You never did." Keefe whispered the last part.

The two sat there on the bathroom floor, squeezing one another as tight as possible without suffocating the other.

They hugged in silence, but they didn't need to talk. Sophie needed a friend and Keefe intended to be there for her, no matter what.

Sorry the chapter is shorter, I'm tired and need sleep. Night every one! Oh, and happy April fool's, watch out for our sneaky Keefe's evil pranks!