Note in a sweatshirt

Sophie was sitting on the floor of her room, staring into space when Keefe walked in. She was remembering all the great times her and Fitz had, all the lovely memories, and the joy she felt when she was living them. But the pain of not living them now made her extremely sad.

She knew she shouldn't be sad, but she was. She wanted to look back on it smiling, because it happened, not sad because it ended.

Keefe startled her out if her thoughts when he plopped the large, warm sweatshirt he bought for Sophie on her lap.

Sophie looked up at him with a shocked expression, that turned into a grateful smile.

"You alright there, Foster?" He questioned.

"I'm good." Sophie replied.

"Well, try it on." Keefe looked so excited for her to wear his sweatshirt, it was adorable. He had a goofy smile on his face and it made Sophie's heart skip a beat.

Keefe encouraged her further to put it on by nodding his head at her, and because he was being so sweet, she put it on right away.

His scent on the sweatshirt engulfed Sophie's small frame, but she loved it.

Sophie noticed Keefe staring at her with a huge smile on his face.

"You look amazing in that, Foster." Keefe complimented her, sitting next to her while glancing at her lips, then moving his eyes back to meet hers.

Sophie blushed and looked away, whispering "thank you." 

Keefe put his hand on Sophie's cheek and turned her face so she was looking at him.

"Foster, I need you to know that I really like you. But I know you aren't ready for another relationship yet. And I hate waiting, but for you, I'll wait."

Then he kissed her forehead, stood up, and left her room. Sophie sat in shock, she couldn't believe Keefe liked her! Of all people he could like, he liked little dented, broken her. She was so average, and basic, and, well, her.

But he liked her. And he made her feel beautiful. She didn't think he felt that way anymore, but he still does.

Sophie put her nose to the sweatshirt, Keefe's scent intoxicating her.

She eventually stood up to get ready for bed, as it was now late. She stuck her hands in the pocket of the sweatshirt, only to find a folded up piece of paper.

How it didn't fall out when she was putting it on before, she wasn't sure, but there it was, against her palm.

Sophie pulled the note out and walked to the bathroom, opening it so she could read it.

Sophie,
Someone once said, "the darkest nights often produce the brightest stars." You've had some dark nights recently, but you are those bright stars shining through, and you will make it through the night. You are absolutely the most beautiful person I've ever met, but not just because of what's on the outside (though that's always a plus) but because of what's on the inside. You have the most amazing personality ever. The only thing you're now missing is confidence in yourself, and I'm going to help you gain that confidence. Foster, I've been falling for you since I first found you in that hallway.
-keefe

Sophie was so touched by the note, and very surprised that Keefe has liked her for so long without her even realizing it!

She couldn't be that oblivious, could she?