Chapitre Onze

Levi woke up to the whistling sound of a tea kettle. He sat up in the bed and looked around him, it seemed no one was in the room but he could hear footsteps in the next room. The raven assumed Erwin was already awake and with that in mind he recalled he needed to talk to him about his conversation with Eren. After he finished getting ready and made his bed, Levi walked into the next room to see Erwin sitting at the table with a cup of tea in hand while reading the daily newspaper. The blond looked up from the paper to acknowledge the raven and set his cup down on the matching saucer plate.

" Good morning to you Levi, I didn't want to wake you to start your training as my new body guard after what happened yesterday, so I let you rest."

" Well don't do that again, since you recruited me as your shield you can do whatever you please."

" Very well, anyhow, where were you after you left the room last night?"

" I went to see Eren, the guy we caught yesterday, and asked a few things."

" Care you explain?"

Levi nodded and dove into the topics that he and the brunette had discussed. Erwin absorbed this new information like a sponge and kept it all in his memory. After the raven finished telling the man before him all that he and the teenager had discussed the previous night, he walked over to the tea kettle and poured the water into a cup after getting a packet of Earl Grey.

" So you have any ideas on what the SL is really about?" Levi asked.

" I don't, and I can respect the young man for coming clean to you. I do appreciate him trying to help our cause as well, so as such he may work with us. However that does not men I fully trust him yet, so I will place you in charge of keeping tabs on him."

" With all do respect sir, but he'll try and kill me when he gets the chance. Place one of your best guards to watch over him, besides, didn't you want me to be your personal body guard?"

" True, however he still fears you. Everyone does because you've never been caught nor have you ever taken a single hit from anyone. So this setup should work."

" You're seriously going out on a limb right now."

" I may be, but I have complete faith that you'll do this." With that, Erwin stood from his chair and left the room with the newspaper.

" Who does he think he is telling me that I'll do that? This is all just a bunch of bullshit." Levi sat down in a chair at the table Erwin sat at before hand and pulled out his phone.

He saw that he had twenty missed messages from his mother so he decided to call her. He dialed her number and waited, eventually she picked up.

" Levi! I was so worried, are you okay?!"

" Don't worry Mom, I'm fine. I should be the one asking you that."

" That's good, and I'm alright as well. Levi... I'm sorry you had to do that."

" Do what?"

" Rescue me, and to be honest I never knew you took up your uncle's occupation. Why didn't you tell me about it baby?"

The raven froze. She knew he was an assassin. Only question was how. He decided to ask.

" How did you-?"

" How did I find out? Two gentlemen helped me into the house and I had asked about you and as we were talking they told me about it."

" ... I'm sorry Mom, I should've told you earlier... I was only doing this so we could get the money you needed to get better..."

" ... Dear, you didn't have to do that for me.."

" I had to Mom! I... I had to... I didn't want to lose you, just the thought of you gone is unbearable..."

The air between the women and the man was strict yet despondent, now that his mother knew of his job and what he was after he felt like letting her know of his reasons was only fair. He never intended to lie to her about it nor did he want to, but he felt it imperative that he kept her in the dark for her own safety. Levi couldn't stop his tears from falling yet he didn't want to stop them. His mother eventually spoke up.

" You were always such a kind boy, Levi, and I love you dearly. You remind me so much of your father sometimes, you know that right? But listen to me when I say this, I'll leave this Earth some day and when I do I want you to live it however you please, but with the person you love. Can you do that for me?"

" ... You make it sound like this is a goodbye..." Levi took her words into his heart and buried his selfish wishes, " I promise Mom... I promise..."

" Thank you, Levi. I love you."

" I love you too Mom... !"

The call ended there due to the raven's phone dying, and he was left with her words paining him. He buried his face into his crossed arms that lay on the table and let out his quiet cries, hoping that his heart would stop aching if he did so. However the pain he felt wasn't going to leave him, not for a while. Eventually, though, he did stop his sulking and was reading over some papers drinking his tea all the while. If he was to see her again, healthy and happy, he was going to have to work hard with Erwin and Eren to bring the SL to their knees. After these turn of events, Levi was set on doing whatever he could to ensure his mother's recovery. What he didn't know however was that it would be the last he'd hear from her.

AN: Here's chapter eleven. Ik there's a lot of dialogue but I felt it was all necessary for this chapter. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you in the next one!!!

_-_To Be Continued_-_