Chapitre Vingt-Trois

۩۞۩Time Skip۩۞۩

" ... c'est juste dans Paris News." (...this is just in, Paris News.)

About seven months have gone by since the incident with Kenny Ackerman. The news pretty much covered his death as his" occupation gone wrong," when in reality, it was his own nephew who ended him. A few days after his death, the Scouting League was brought to light and French authorities apprehended all who were associated with the League. They were given fair trials and most where found innocent, so for those, pro doctors started working on a cure for the virus that was injected into their friends or loved ones. About four months of finding a cure, they finally found one and distributed it to those affected for free, as a gift from Erwin Smith.

Erwin was the one who actively supported the doctors and scientists into making the cure; he gave countless donations with the earns he had accumulated over the years, and so the doctors agreed in giving the cure for free to those in need of it.

Ever since the people who were affected were cured, Erwin had come into contact with Eren and Annie. Eren had thanked the man for his help and support, and had introduced his father to the man. Grisha Jaeger was the head leader in the scientific field of the search for a cure, and so he too thanked Erwin for his incredible support.

After his encounter with Eren, Erwin was given a prosthetic arm from the brunette's father. The man had his arm amputated as a result from the injury he had received from Kenny Ackerman. So with this new arm, Erwin has been able to continue working as he had been before he met Levi.

Here he was, at a café, drinking Earl Grey black tea while eating a blueberry muffin, reading the news paper. Lately there has been mention of a mysterious person doing justice by killing people who would've later served as a threat to France. This story intrigued Erwin a great deal, so much so that he had his body guards away on their own mission to find and bring this person to him.

As he was reading the latest story on this person, someone had walked up to his table and sat down across from him. When he looked up, he was surprised, slightly scared, but happy.

" Sorry I took so long, Erwin, but I had a lot of things go down these past seven months. You catch my drift?"

" Indeed I do, Levi."

" Hey."

" Hey. I have so many questions for you, I feel it's out of my place to have so many."

" Don't worry about it. You know I'd answer your questions, mon amour."

" Shall I get you something while we're here? I'm about finished, so I was going to head back to my suite in the city."

" I'm good, thank you. Mind if I join you then?"

" Not at all."

Levi smiled and stood up once Erwin left the money on the table and stood as well. They walked back to Erwin's suite, and made a few side trips on the way, so by the time they made it to the room it was already past eight o'clock.

Levi explored the room while Erwin was in the bathroom taking a shower, and while he was doing so, he found a photo of the man with what he assumed to be his parents. He remembered the man telling him that they were killed by an assassin, and remembered that Kenny told him one time that he had killed two major targets except for their child. 

" So Kenny was the one who did it. No wonder why the bastard was called The Reaper in the SL."

Levi put the photograph back where he got it and started to unbutton his shirt to cool off, since he was getting hot. When he sat down on the bed, he heard the sound of running water stop and then a minute after the sound of a door opening and footsteps coming towards him from behind.

" Hey, Erwin. What did they do with your arm? From what I saw, it looked pretty messed up."

" The doctors said that there was no chance of it working properly again, so they amputated it. However, I came into contact with Eren Jaeger, Annie Leonhart, and his father on day. So, Grisha Jaeger, Eren's father, he created a prosthetic arm that would allow me to use it like I would with my old one."

Erwin rolled up his robe sleeve and showed it to Levi, who only glanced at it. Seeing his false arm pained him, as he felt that he couldn't protect yet another person he cared about.

" Don't think that the loss of my arm was your fault. I should be thanking you for protecting me the way you did, and congratulating you for reaching your goal in bringing down the SL."

The man rested his hands, real and fake, on Levi's shoulders. The raven needed to change the topic, so he cleared his throat and began to talk about something else.

" So you know that mysterious person that's been on the news and papers lately?"

" Yes?"

" It's me."

" I figured as much, and I admire your hard work and efforts in fixing France's society."

" It's just so we don't have organizations like the SL popping up again. Anyway, I only wanted to tell you that it was me doing all of that." The room went quiet again so Levi asked a question that was on his mind for a while now. " Hey, Erwin? Do you think we could live together in the country side of France?"

" That sounds like a fantastic idea, Levi. I'd be happy to do so, if it meant being with you again."

" Thank you, mon amour."

" Je t'aime, Levi." (I love you, Levi.)

AN: Here's the final chapter, however, I will write a short epilogue and then that'll be the end of Sharp Shooter. So I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you in the final page of this story!!!

_-_To Be Continued_-_