Chapitre Quatorze

The three men sat inside the building, waiting for the others to arrive for the meeting. Eren, still sobering up from his spastic drinking, stood at a table filling cups and shot glasses with water and alcohol for them and the pending guests. Erwin sat on a couch that sat in the middle of the room, while Levi stood in a corner by a floor-to-ceiling window. All the raven could think was that this meeting had to work. Without Hanji and the Special Operations Squad, the three of them would only hope to get into the party undetected.

The men quickly looked at the only door in the room once they heard a knocking sound from the other side of the wooden barrier. With one glance from Levi, Eren went up to the door and opened it cautiously. On the other side, was Hanji.

" Nice to see you Eren! I must say, you look hammered. Did you drink too much again?"

" What are you talking about? I'm totally fine. I drink heavily anyway so what's it matter?"

" That you are correct. Now anyway." Hanji's cheerful face turned serious once she looked to Levi, " I didn't mention this when I saw you earlier today but, why are you with the target Levi?"

The raven simply clicked his tongue and looked out the window. He could hear Hanji's disapproval but he didn't care, he just wanted to get straight to the point.

" Did you bring them or not?"

" Of course I did. Though it was difficult to get them to come to listen to what you have to say, but they're here."

" Then get in here and let's discuss our plan and motives."

" Right, whatever you say, Eagle."

Levi glared at her before pushing off the wall he was leaning on to go over to Erwin. As much as he hated it, he had to protect his target from the organization he used to work for. He'd just have to have to accept it though. 

He, Eren, and Erwin watched as the Special Operations Squad made their way into the room, all the while watching their expressions when they laid their eyes onto him and Erwin. The petite girl was the first to speak up in distaste.

" What do you think you're doing?! The Scouting Legion gave you direct orders to kill him! What do you think will happen if the Head finds out about this?!"

" Could you shut up for a god damned second, Petra?! At this point it wouldn't matter if you told the Head, he's probably putting together the strongest forces the SL has to bring me down. I'll tell you one thing, once you're deemed traitor in that organization, you'll be put down like a dog along with your family."

" What nonsense are you talking about, Levi?!"

" Eren."

The brunette walked up to Levi and Erwin, and glared daggers at the girl.

" What is it?"

" You mind explaining what I meant just now?"

" Of course. Listen, Petra, the SL, the organization you work for, is nothing but lies. Once you join, your forced to cooperate until you're no longer of use to it. Don't you get it, you're only a tool for them, they don't acknowledge you for anything." Levi watched as Eren slowly walked up to Petra as he spoke, " So now that you know that much, you still want to dedicate your heart to the very people who are responsible for the murder of your family once you're thrown out?"