Chapitre Dix-Sept

Erwin, Levi, and Eren had come up with a plan to get Annie back from the people the brunette didn't finish off back when he was a normal everyday thug. The plan itself seemed like they'd escape with the girl unscathed, but Eren knew that something would go wrong. He kept thinking about the timing and what possible motive the captors would have, but nothing seemed to fit in the puzzle that lay before him.

The three men were in Erwin's limo yet again, heading towards the place that Eren knew they'd be at. His old home located in the western part of Paris. When the brunette left his hometown, the people who were after him took his house and set up their headquarters there. It filled the brunette with rage every time he thought about the reason he left it in the first place. Leaving just because he got chased out was no excuse for leaving his mother to them. It was the reason he joined the Scouting Legion to begin with, so he could go back and kill them all. He did so, but it seems as though the one he was after was still alive after ten years of silence.

" Whatever happens, don't try to stop me." Eren spoke through his clenched teeth.

" You're not thinking of killing them, are you?" Levi inquired.

" ... I have to, or they'll keep coming back..."

Levi held his tongue from saying anything further and looked up to Erwin, asking with his gaze to talk some sense into the brunette.

" I'm afraid Eren has made his choice. If you're sure you still want to do this, then all you have to do is walk right out of the car since we're here."

" ! Then I'm going now!"

" Wait, Eren!" Levi grabbed the brunette's hand and held him in place, " You had better be sure that you won't regret this later on, okay?"

Eren shook the raven's hand off violently and got out of the car in a hurry before they could stop him again. Levi sat on the car seat thinking about what the brunette might be going through, before he got out himself and followed after Eren into the house.

The raven got a transmission from Erwin from the earpiece, " You two are forgetting about the plan!"

Levi grabbed the earpiece and threw it to the side once he got inside the building. The raven carefully looked around the house, hoping to find where Eren had ran off to. He finally came across a freshly opened door that led to a basement, and on the floor Levi saw a broken earpiece and new footprints on the dusted flooring. The raven cocked his gun, loading it, and went down stairs. If anything he's finally learned, it's that he's never going to let someone die on his watch. Not when they have someone to go home to.

When Levi got to the basement, he could hear people talking from a distance. He followed the voices and came across a room where the voices seemed to be coming from. The raven tried to listen in to the discussion but he couldn't make out what they were saying, then he realized that they were speaking German.

" Damn it." Levi cursed to himself quietly, " Eren, you better make something work for me."

The brunette was in the room Levi suspected he was in, and all the while Eren felt the raven's presence outside the room. He ignored it and listened to what the bastard had to say to him.

" Du bist also zu uns zurückgekommen, wie interessant. Zu wissen, dass du hier sterben könntest, um eine mörderische Hündin zu retten." (So you came back to us, how interesting. Knowing that you could die here to save a murderous bitch.)

" Das letzte Mal, dass ich mich erinnere, dass ich dich vor zehn Jahren gesehen habe, als du von meinen Kugeln am Rande des Todes warst. Es ist fast ein Wunder, dass du nicht tot bist." (Last I remember seeing you was ten years ago when you were on the verge of death from my bullets. It's almost a wonder how you're not dead.)