Chapter One - The Trap.

I smiled as I watched the scenery go by, spotting a few walkers crawling on the streets as we quickly passed them. The air whipped my face as I closed my eyes, the sun shining on my scarred, dirty face. My eyes suddenly opened as I heard the familiar spin of someone's gun. Clementine beside me sighed, as this spinning seemed to annoy her, she looked at me with eyes that said 'Could you distract him?' And I simply nodded, I looked over my shoulder at the small boy.

"What's up Goofball? You bored?" I asked him, Aj looked up at me but then continued to spin the barrel on his gun.

"Just pretending we got bullets." He simply stated, I noticed Clem shake her head out of annoyance. I chuckled.

"Well, maybe try something else to distract you buddy, the spinning seems to be annoying Clem.. how about you do some reading?" I asked him, grabbing the book near my feet then putting it out to him. Aj closed his gun and sat up, ignoring the book.

"I don't like goofball." Aj stated, my eyes widened and I frowned, Clem quickly spoke up.

"But I love goofball.." she told, I nodded.

"Me too, It suites you bud!" I added, Aj rolled his eyes.

"I'm to old for it. It's Alvin Junior." He crossed his arms.

"Well someone's growing up real quick." I smiled, Clem chuckled beside me. Aj then looked upset. Clem noticed this before I did.

"What's wrong bud?" She asked. Aj put his hand on his stomach.

"Hungry.." he simply spoke. I placed the book on his lap and turned to unbuckle my seatbelt, I quickly squeezed in the back, trying not to disturb Clem's driving. I sat next to Aj and he smiled at me.

"Well, how about we do some reading or playing? That might distract ya." I opened the book and Aj nodded. I opened it to a page.

"Okay.. let's start.. here." I told him, pointing to a part on the page.

"P-preheat.. oven to.. 350 de-de-gees.." Aj began, I chuckled at his mistake and pointed at the word.

"Degrees." I repeated. Aj nodded.

"D-Degrees.. place cream.. and.. vanilla.... bean! Into a s-s.." Aj struggled again I pointed at the word.

"Sauce p-" I began.

"Sauce pan! And bring to a b-boil-" we we cut off by Clem grabbing the book from us.

"That.. might make you hungrier.." I chuckled. Aj looked bored again, I tried to find something to distract him with and then I got an idea. I reached forward to the front of the car and opened the cubby, pulling out the disco broccoli toy. I turned around and put on a silly voice.

"Hiya bud! It's me disco broccoli! I heard your hungryyy! You wanna eat me! Come on eat me!" I placed the toy on Aj's lap and he chuckled and pushed it away.

"(Y/N).. I can't eat a toy..!" He smiled, I frowned.

"Aw how could you say that to disco broccoli..!" I waved the toy in his face as I continued to do the voice, Aj rolled his eyes. I placed the toy in the front seat, I noticed Clem reach over and grab the small bag of chips that we had been snacking on earlier. She waved it back at us and I grabbed it.

"Ah this should keep you filled up for now bud." I handed Aj the bag and he smiled. He then looked at me and Clem with a frown.

"What about you guys?" He asked. Clem shrugged.

"It's okay, we'll find something.. I hope." She spoke with a sad tone Aj then offered me the bag, I shook my head and pushed it back towards him.

"I'm good bud, you eat it. We'll find something soon." I reassured him. Aj nodded. And munched on the chips. Soon enough the car was parked, I looked up and saw what seemed to be a train station in the background. I looked at Clem, and she looked back at me.