•Just Friends•

I was finishing dinner when I noticed that Jackson was quiet the whole time. He didn't talk to me unless he wanted me to pass the food to him.

I looked at him and he still looked mad, but he also had tears in his eyes. "Jackson.", I said slowly. "Are you alright?"

Jackson looked at me then looked away. "You should've told me.", he said. "Told you what?", I asked. "That you liked him.", Jackson replied.

"Is there a problem?", I asked. "You don't get it, do you?", Jackson asked angrily. "That's why I'm asking you to explain why you're like this. I care about you. You're my friend.", I said.

"That's why..........I'm your friend. That's it.", Jackson said. "What's that supposed to mean?", I asked, but it was too late, he stood up and went to Mr. Kim.

"Sir, I have to go. My parents have just called me and said that I will have to do something important.", Jackson said to Mr. Kim.

"Oh, go ahead. Stay safe.", Mr. Kim replied. Jackson left hurriedly. I still wanted to know what was wrong.

I stood up as well and headed over to Mr. Kim. "Mr. Kim, I have to leave, because of an emergency.", I said worriedly. "And what is that emergency?", Mr. Kim asked.

"Appa, it's a secret. Besides, I have to leave as well, I have pack my bags already.", Jin said. "Oh okay, go ahead then.", Mr. Kim said.

I rushed off, not bothering to wait for Jin. I was concerned for Jackson. I wanted to know what was wrong with being friends. As a friend, I wanted to help him.

I saw Jackson on a bench. As I came closer, I heard his soft cries. I slowly walked up to him. I put my arm around his shoulders, but he pushed it away.

"Jackson, what's wrong? What can I do to help? Who's causing your pain?", I asked.

"I'll tell you what's wrong: Being with Kim Seokjin.", Jackson replied coldly. I stood there, biting my lip. Don't tell me that he likes-

"Yeah, I like you. Now you know. But I know you wouldn't even care anymore. I mean, who can compare to you pathetic boyfriend.", Jackson said loudly.

"Jackson, that's enough.", Jin said. I flinched when I heard his voice. Did he overhear everything?

"Jackson, you need to cool down.", Jin said sternly. Jackson looked at Jin with jealous rage then ran off.

"Hwa Young, did he hurt you?", Jin asked. "Ani, oppa.", I answered, still stunned by what had happened. Jin took my hand and let me sit on the bench.

"What did he say?", Jin asked. I didn't want Jin to know what he had said or he might get jealous. "He didn't say anything important.", I lied. Jin looked at me suspiciously.

"Babe, do you not trust me?", Jin asked me slowly. "Oppa...", I started, not knowing what to tell him. I didn't where to start.

"Yeobo, I know Jackson has liked you since the day you both met. I don't mean to be blunt about it, but...to be honest, you've been oblivious towards everyone's feelings.", Jin said.

That felt like a punch in the stomach. Oblivious? Have I been like that for a long time? Does this man really even care about my feelings?

"Oblivious? How can I even be like that?", I asked, outraged by what he had just said. "Hwa Young, don't take this the wrong way, but you're not really aware of what people feel about you. I'm not saying you don't care about others' feelings, but you think of them simply.", Jin said.

"Can you expound?", I asked, still confused by what he was saying.

"I'm saying that you never knew that Jackson ever had feelings for you. You also didn't even know that I had feelings for you. Jackson has always liked you since the very beginning. You never saw that since you thought of him as your friend.", Jin explained.

I stayed silent for a moment. I had thought about those things before, but I never let my thoughts take control of my head. I didn't want to assume anyone's feelings anymore. I've been though that and I didn't want it to happen all over again. I don't wanna be taken advantage of.

"Do you want some tea before going to bed?", Jin offered. "Ani, I think I have to rethink what just happened tonight.", I said.

"Just know that I'm still by your side. I will never leave your side. I was merely informing you about what you need to know.", Jin said. "I'll be waiting for you once you are ready to have breakfast tomorrow."

I sensed dismissal so I stood up and walked away. I didn't want to be rude, but I had to process everything. Did I make a mistake of treating him like a friend? But what should I have done to keep that from happening?

I got a taxi going back to the hotel. That was the safest way to make sure I would get to the hotel safely.

As I entered the hotel, I found Yoongi and Namjoon in the lobby. They both stood up as soon as they saw me.

"Hwa Young, where were you? I was talking to Namjoon when I turned my head and you were not there anymore.", Yoongi said worriedly.

Normally, I would have made a joke about him worrying about me, but I was too occupied by what had happened.

"Ani, I just went out to get some fresh air. I was so full after what I had eaten.", I answered with a smile.

"Are you sure? When I was watching you eat, you barely ate anyth-"

"Look, I'm fine, okay? I said that I needed fresh air! Do you not believe me?!", I asked impatiently. I wanted to go to my room already. I couldn't stand getting interrogated anymore. I just wanted time to think about my actions and decisions.

I didn't wait for their response so I jus hurriedly went to the elevator. I tried my best not to make a scene, but they just pushed my buttons.

I arrived in my room a few moments later. I didn't bother to shower or change. I just sat down on my bed and grabbed a pillow.

Unknowingly, liquid started coming out of my eyes.

~~~
Yoongi POV
I watched her walk off hurriedly. She seemed so annoyed. Something was off though, she didn't make a joke about me worrying for her.

Namjoon looked at me and I looked back at him. "I wasn't the only one who witnessed that scene, right?", I asked. Namjoon shook his head.

"What I want to know is if she had a fight with Jin hyung or something. She seemed so...annoyed or angry or I can't pinpoint which emotion she's in right now.", Namjoon said. "Me too.", I said.

"Should I ask hyung or something?", I asked. "I don't think so. Maybe, you should ask her yourself. Getting news from others would make it sound like you're being nosy.", Namjoon advised.

"I hope she's alright though. She seems so distant. Unlike when she was heartbroken, she wanted company.", I said.

"Maybe, she needs alone time. I don't think she'd like to tell you what's going on unless she asks for your help.", Namjoon said.

"But what made her like this?", I asked. "You'll only know once she opens up.", Namjoon answered.

We suddenly saw Jin enter the hotel. He looked dismayed. We headed over to him and he gave us a small smile as he saw us.

"Hyung, are you alright? Sadness is written all over your face.", Namjoon asked. "I-I think my proposal day will be the same as my breakup day.", Jin answered and walked away.

Namjoon and I looked at each other. What was that all about?