•Friend Zone•

The Next Day...
I finished work quite early. I deserved a reward since it was the first time that I actually finished early.

I looked at my watch and it was just 4:40 PM, 20 minutes to spare. I sighed in relief and looked over at Jackson. He wasn't looking at his paper, he was looking over the window. I decided to tease him.

"Jackson oppa~", I called out, teasing him. He didn't turn around, nor did he laugh. He just ignored me. Completely ignored me.

"Jackson Wang~", I called out again. "Hwa Young.", Jackson said, without turning his head. I was happy he wasn't ignoring anymore.

"Yeah?", I said. "Why...why didn't you tell me sooner?", Jackson asked, his voice shaking. I was confused with his question.

I was guessing it was something personal so I grabbed his wrist and pulled him into an empty, unused room.

He didn't face me. I bit my lip, this wasn't going to end well. "Jackson, what are you talking about?", I asked.

He didn't respond. This time, I was getting impatient. If he wasn't going to answer me, I won't say anything as well.

There was an awkward silence. A few minutes later, I heard a slight whimper from his mouth.

I was impatient. I decided to start talking. "Jackson! Can you please answer me?! This has been going on since the Japan trip, I can't stand it anymore.", I said angrily.

He turned around and I was shocked by the sight. His eyebrows were furrowed, his eyes were glassy, and his mouth...was shaking.

He was angry, but sad. I caused this. I caused this. I caused this...

"You know, you never understood anything! Nothing, I tell you, nothing! Apparently, you're still oblivious with everything going on.", Jackson said, fuming with rage.

I took a step back. I never saw him like this. He never raised his voice like that. He never talked to me in that tone. I didn't want to make him angrier so I stayed quiet.

"I like you so much. There, I admit it! I like you too much that I can't stand losing to your freaking boyfriend!", Jackson cried. He knelt on the floor and sobbed violently.

I stared at his crying state. I was in no position to comfort him since I was the one who caused his pain. First, Solbin's, now, his.

"J-Jackson, I-I didn't m-mean to be this oblivious. I-I just—"

"I know, Hwa Young, I know! I know I can't compare to your caring, loving and handsome boyfriend! I know that I will never be enough for you! I know all this!", Jackson said loudly.

He was right. I would never look, smile, talk, or treat him like I would treat Jin. This was like the incident with Solbin all over again, but it was Jackson instead.

"Jackson, I owe you an apology.", I said. "You don't! You're innocent, okay? You didn't do anything wrong! I'm just the victim...of friend zone.", Jackson said finally before sobbing all over again.

I did want to say that I friend zoned him. I didn't mean to, but I was lost for words. I didn't know how to handle this situation. I didn't know how to make him less hurt.

My vision started to get blurry, I was teary-eyed. I looked up to avoid crying. I couldn't cry, not now, maybe somewhere else.

I walked towards the door. I held onto the doorknob. "Jackson, I know I caused you pain. I know you want to blame me, but please don't. I will never forgive myself if you're still hurt.", I said.

I heard him stand up and walk towards me. I turned around and flinched when I saw that his face was really close to mine. I could already feel his breath.

He leaned closer and I tried to move back but he put an arm around my waist and pulled me towards him. He kissed me roughly.

My hands were on his chest and I tried to push him away, but his strength dominated mine. I used all my force to push him away which made him stumble.

As I was about to leave, he chuckled darkly. "Hwa Young, you have no idea what's going to happen to you next. I won't forgive you, but I will make you mine.", Jackson said.

I didn't want to give him advantage that I was still inside the room so I left the room and brisk walked towards the elevator.  

I quickly pressed the level for Yoongi's office. As the elevator doors were about to close, someone stepped inside: Solbin.

She smirked at me and I just gave her a fake smile. "So how was the kiss?", Solbin asked. I looked at her with a surprised face. Was she referring to Jackson?

"W-What do you mean?", I asked, stuttering. "Oh, are you scared now? Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about he kiss you had with Jackson.", Solbin said with a sly smile.

"J-Jackson? I don't know what you're talking about.", I said, trying to act like it never happened. She looked at me with a smirk on her face.

"Do you really think I would believe your lies?", Solbin asked. Okay, I didn't have anything to say to get back at her. This was clearly karma.

I just stayed quiet. "I thought you were with Jin oppa now. Are you, perhaps, cheating on him?", Solbin asked, still smirking.

"I would never cheat on Jin oppa.", I said. "Then we go back to my question, you kissed Jackson didn't you?", Solbin said.

I didn't want to be honest with her, good thing the elevator arrived on Yoongi's floor. I quickly got out, but before I was able to step outside the elevator, Solbin grabbed my wrist.

I faced her. "Let go.", I said angrily, trying to get it of Solbin's grasp. She continued to smirk at me then whispered, "We're not done with this conversation. And if you don't tell me honestly, I'm telling your lovely boyfriend who was supposed to be mine."