Prophecy or no prophecy, things are going to get worse

The sun shone in my eyes when I woke up. Everybody was already gone. On the foot of my bed was a camp shirt and jean shorts. I picked them up and walked into the bathroom to change. When I finished, I studied myself in the mirror. My blonde hair was a mess, my eyes were red, and my skin had no color to it. Not to mention the bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep.

I brushed my hair with my fingers and left the cabin. The air was humid and the sky was bright. I walked to the mess hall to eat. I grabbed my food, sacrificed some to Mom, and ate in a corner of a table. A satyr came up to me. "Is this seat taken?"

I looked up. The boy had dark hair and dark eyes. "No."

He sat down. "Look, um, I knew your friend Eric."

I winced. "Yeah?"

"Yeah. He was a really nice guy. We would hang out when we had the chance. He talked about you a lot. He was head over heels, but he didn't think you felt the same way. Did you though?"

"Yeah I felt the same way."

He nodded. "That's good. Why are you by yourself?"

Is he really that stupid? "No one really likes me because of my Mom."

"Well you can't judge a person by their blood. My name's Kyle though."

I nodded. "Well, I better get going. Thanks for keeping me company."

"No problem."

I walked over to the Hermes cabin. Travis was inside gathering some stuff. He looked at me, then turned away. I huffed and sat on the bed that was next to a drawer. I started to dig to find an elastic. At the bottom corner, I found one. I tied my hair up into a knot. When I looked at my bed, I found a note. I walked over to it, Travis staring at my every move. It said:

Attached is your schedule. Also, go to the Hephaestus cabin, they need you to help with the arranging of the furniture.

~Chiron

I crumpled up the paper and stuffed my schedule in my pocket. Waving bye to Travis, I walked over to the Hephaestus cabin. The girl, Nyssa, was there waiting for me. She motioned for me to follow her. She lead me to an amazing green cabin that had exactly what I asked for. She turned to me when we got inside. "So, the tree is the corner over there, right next to the altar." She said, pointing to the corner next the door on the left. "Where do you want the bed to be?"

I thought about it. "In the middle in the back against the wall." I said pointing.

She signaled for the boys to bring up the bed. They carried it to the location and plopped it down. "The bookshelf?"

"One foot away from the bed."

They carried it there. "The dresser?"

"On the right side of the room under the window." (The dresser was small because I don't have a lot of clothes.)

"The bathroom is over there." she said while leading me to the right side of the room in the corner.

I opened the door and saw a red room with a solid silver glass/metal tub. The sink was normal, normal stuff basically. The shower curtain was recycled material. The design of the walls was this; red with a dark green diamond in the center.

When we got out of the bathroom, she turned around once more. "We also made you a desk. It's over there."

To the right of the room once more, in the corner next to the bed, was the dark brown wooden desk. It had a handmade chair and two drawers with brass knobs. I walked over to it. I saw a small hidden compartment in the side. I opened it and saw this: a gold oval shaped locket. My lucky locket. I got it from Eric during middle school. I was going through rough times, and he saw the locket that I've always wanted. He got it for me. That was when I realized that I loved him. How did she...? I turned to her, but she was already gone. I opened the locket and saw the same thing that it always held, the two of us together. I held the locket to my chest and broke down. I feel so pathetic, nobody except one person, really wants to know me. I keep getting emotional over everything that has to do with Eric. There are so many things on my list of pathetically me.