Trip to the Rainforest

Eric shoved all the supplies into the duffel bag. Our list was incredibly long: clothes, food [and lots of it], water jugs, a map, fire starters [for obvious reasons], a flashlight with a million batteries to the side, a portable tent, sleeping bags, and a book in order to put a tent up. In my hand was my sword and in Eric's was a lute. He uses it to enchant and control beasts/animals and plants. One of my nicknames for him is the Tomato Tamer because he made the tomato plants dance to the music of Fleetwood Mac, a band which he was obsessed with. 

"Eric?" I questioned with one hand on my hip.

"Hmmm?"

"I don't think that it's gonna fit."

"Of-" he breathed. "Of course it will fit." He pulled the zipper as hard as he could. His veins popped with all the strength he was putting into that metal contraption. "I just have to-" He continued with his battle with the bag. The zipper moved about one centimeter before it planted itself into the fabric of his jeans. 'GODSDAMMIT." He yelled at the zipper.

I sighed and grabbed the bag. He gaped at me as I pulled out all of his Calvin Klein jeans. His Nike material escaped as well. I pulled out my own outfits; this left us both one spare outfit in case of emergencies. "There, see Eric? Nice and simple."

"Nice and simple my ass." he grumbled. He closed the bag and made his way out the door. I followed him into the sunlight.

A crowd made its way to my door somehow. "Why hello peasants." I waved and smiled. Eric shook his head at me. The people yelled out about the quest and such. Some thought that I was working against them. Connor stood in front, a melancholy look shown on his face. He wanted to come, but the thing was, I never said no. Eric did. He said that Connor would either hold me back or be no help whatsoever. Connor argued that he was more of a help than Eric could ever be. Eric replied that he was ent to protect me. This went on for an hour and a half.

I walked over to Connor. He pulled me in for a hug and touched his lips to my ear. "Please don't go without me. Take me with you; I can help you better than him."

I wrapped my amrs around his neck and buried my face in his neck. "I don't know Connor. Maybe next time, I'm sorry."

He let go of me and turned away. I sighed and walked back to Eric who wrapped his arm around my waist. We walked out to the docks. We boarded a boat and set off.

On the boat, Eric took the wheel. Who knew he could steer a boat? "Okay," he said. "We're going to the eastern section of the Brazilian rainforest."

I gave him the thumbs-up and he started off. I sat with my feet hanging over the edge and stared at the beauty of the water. I hated it.

Every sickening moment on this boat gave me stomach drops. The fear of falling and staying in the mysterious waves of blue kept my hatred fueled. It took my life away from me, the water did. It almost killed me twice, and somehow, it seemed unforgiveable; which is totally insane because the water can't talk to you. It can't purposefully hurt you without the control of another being. It was a monstrous beauty.

Eric whistled cheerfully behind me. He reminded me of all those Disney sailors. It was adorable. I chuckled and started to peel the rusting paint of the rail. it dripped into the water and floated at the top. "Are we almost there yet?" I groaned.

"So impatient; we didn't even make it past New Jersey yet." he laughed.

"Go faster." I whined.

He smirked. "Alright then."

He kicked up the speed, like really kicked up the speed. I was thrown backwards into the back railing. My hair mixed with the metal, and I felt as if I was going to fall. "Eric stop it!" I began to have a panic attack. He looked at my face, and his look of victory faded. In its place was worry. He slowed down.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Perfect." I gulped.

Towards the beginning of Virginia, I fell asleep on the hood of the boat. I don't know if Eric went to sleep or not because by the time I woke up, we were halfway through South Carolina. "Eric?"

"Yeah?" He yawned.

"How are we going so fast?"

"I had the boat enchanted because I didn't want to take a week to get to Brazil."

"Oh." My eyes drooped and I fell into slumber once more.

When I woke up, we had stopped and Eric was asleep. I shuffled through the bag and took out half a loaf of bread and an apple. As I ate, Eric slept. 

A moment later, I heard a noise. I walked to the edge and found humongous sharks hitting the side of the boat. These aren't normal nice sharks! I gulped and started the boat. I steered it forward, but it wouoldn't move. I Moved backwards, side to side; nothing. "Eric!"

"Hmm?"

"Big, mean sharks are trapping our boat. I couldn't move it or anything, and me don't feel like being in a fish's belly."

He jumped up and ran to the edge. "Hey, idiots! Stop destroying our boat!"

They snorted and continued. Eric pushed a blue button. I heard a jet shoot out and fins moving. "What was that?!"

"Fire in the front and back. Let's get out of here."

He shot the boat out and headed straight past what I assumed was Florida. I sat at the edge and took a deep breath. "Where are we?"

"In Mexico."

"Okay."

"Let's play 20 questions."

"Alright."

"What's your favorite color?"

"Green. What is your favorite animal?"

"Goat, duh. Favorite celebrity?"

"Umm, Emma Watson. Yours?"

"Tom Felton."

"Aye, Harry Potter geeks unite!"

He laughed. "What's YOUR favorite animal?"

"Dragon." I cackled evilly. "How are you?"

"Amazing. Who do you like better, me or Connor?"

"Well- OH LOOK, WE'RE HERE."

"Saved your ass missy."

I smiled sweetly as we docked. This is what I saw: green, green, and OH LOOK, MORE GREEN. We grabbed our stuff and continued into the forest. Birds chattered everywhere we went. Their secrets spilled out in front of us. "What does the place look like?"

"Probably filled with trees."

I gave him an 'are you stupid or what' look. "I guess we're here then. Only one problem; there's no rain."

"Right, so we have to wait."

We sat down and waited. Absolutely nothing happened. Everything caught my attention and all I wanted to do was occupy myself. "I think we should-"

Rain poured down on us. "Now we have to 'set fire to it'."

I grabbed my lighter and smirked. I walked to the long patch of grass and trees. "Here you go, Mother."

I put it on and set it on the patch. It erupted into flames, setting fire to the Earth. "FOOLS."

Then, we ran.

Or tried to. My mother used me as her weapon. She overtook me and played me like a puppet. I blacked out in that period of time and only awoke when we were on the boat. There, we were away from Earth and only on sea.