Verbally Tortured

I groaned as the sun blinded me. I was exhausted. I was up all night hanging out with Connor. I rubbed my eyes and got dressed, a blue t-shirt, white ripped jeans, and green flip flops. I brushed my hair and put it into a ponytail. Satisfied, I walked to the mess hall. Today's meal was bacon, pancakes, and strawberries fresh from the field.

Alone, I ate my breakfast after making an offering to my mom. While doing all this, I heard all these things coming my way. Most of them about my mom. Things like, " Earthsucker! Stay in Tartarus and leave us alone!" I sighed and continued to eat.

Then I heard the most nauseating thing ever. "Hey! I hear that you and Connor are hooking up!"

I gagged. The guys burst out laughing. I slammed my fists on the table and turned to them. "You can call me all the names you want, but NEVER EVER disrespect me like that. I am not like that nor will I ever be."

"Whatever you say."

"Shut up."

"Make me."

"As you wish." The earth around me responded. They pelted the guys and girls who said it. I calmed and gave them and innocent smile. "Now who started this?"

"C-connor."

I nodded. Of course he did, that devil. I stomped out in search of Connor. I saw him tiptoeing to his cabin. I smirked and caught up with him. "Oh hey Connor."

He stumbled. "Uh hi."

"I heard the strangest thing today."

His eyes widened. "Wh-what is it?"

"I think you already know." I snapped.

"Listen I-"

"No! I trusted you Connor! And what do you do? You spread rumors! This is why I never wanted anything to do with you!"

"Lily, listen to me! I'm sorry!"

"Sorry doesn't cut it Connor Stoll! You know them! You know exactly what they'll do!"

"I know! I'm sorry!"

"Sure you are."

I turned around and ran off to my cabin. I turned and saw him chasing me. I don't want him in here at all. I made a twenty foot wall and ran inside. Unfortunately, those Hermes boys have a way. Connor flew in wearing winged shoes. I cursed under my breath. "Connor get out."

"No."

"Leave."

"No."

"I'm not gonna ask you again."

"Then don't."

"Touché."

He chuckled. "Now hear me out."

"Fine." I grumbled.

"It was a dare to spread the rumor."

"Sure."

"Well not exactly for a rumor but they said that I couldn't have you wrapped around my finger by the end of this week."

"Uh huh."

"They said that if I didn't do it, I wouldn't be able live freely anymore. And trust me, it was an Ares kid."

I bit my lip and he smiled. "What?"

"Nothing."

"No tell me!"

"You just look really cute when you bite your lip."

I felt my face burn up. "Oh uh-"

He chuckled. "So do you forgive me?"

"I guess...."

"YAY!" He jumped like a child.

I walked out the cabin so that I could take down the walls. But, he grabbed me by my waist and spun me around. "Connor..."

"Now how 'bout a kiss?"

"Ew no!"

"Fineeee."

I walked out and took down the walls. "Connor, wanna walk?"

"Yeah."

He jogged up and we walked together. People whispered. I ignored them and kept walking. Then, people started to talk. "Ew why's he with her?"

"Oh well they're hooking up obviously."

"Yeah he wouldn't hang out with that piece of Pegasus dung."

Connor turned. "Shut up you Barbie dolls. At least she's got more pride and beauty than you."

They glared at him. "That's impossible, we're Aphrodite kids, we're the prettiest."

"You aren't worthy to be Aphrodite kids."

He grabbed my shoulder and lead me away from them. Then it hit me. Oh my gods. He's exactly like Eric now. But, nobody's like Eric totally. He's just so...

I snapped out of it. "Lily Bean, are you alright?"

"Yeah thanks."

"No problem."

We walked on in silence. In the woods, we sat underneath the trees. "Connor?"

"Yeah?"

"I never thought that being your friend would cause so much trouble."

He sighed. "Things might get a whole lot worse." He leaned back onto the tree.