Little Rebellion

That night, there was no campfire. For those of you who don't know, that's a big deal. The whole night, we trained. We set up traps. There were no breaks. There was no room. The only break was when it was time to sleep, but I didn't get any. For the first time in weeks, my mom spoke to me.

Lily, how have things been going?

I grunted. "Just perfect."

Do they trust you?

"Yes"

Good. What is their plan?

I thought about it. Do I WANT to trust my mom? "Nothing."

You are lying to me. Tell me or else you will be punished.

Would I rather be punished? I have so many friends though. 'But the gods killed Eric. It was in the WATER that he died.' Oh yeah. But Connor...

That stupid boy can do nothing for you. Join me. I am your mother. I am and will always be there for you. Do not forget, it was Poseidon who killed your satyr friend. I will save your heart from further destruction. Either way, I can tell if you're lying. I can see it. You are living ON me. Do not forget the right side Lilian.

Help. I sat up and let my legs dangle over the edge of the bed. I buried my face in my hands. Damn this headache. My mother IS my headache. I looked up. Help. Who am I kidding? The gods probably hate me for being Gaea's child.

That's right. They hate you. Help me. I do not hate you. I HELP you.

"SINCE WHEN?!" I yelled. "SINCE WHEN HAVE YOU CARED?! YOU LET DAD AND ERIC DIE! YOU PUT ME THROUGH THIS TORTURE! YOU ARE THE ONE WHO MADE ME AN OUTCAST! YOU ARE THE ONE WHO MADE ME EXIST AND I HATE YOU FOR IT. MY LIFE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT LIFE IN TARTARUS! YOU ARE THE BAIN OF MY EXISTENCE!"

I was breathing heavily. My mother was gone. And hopefully, I would be too.

•••••

The next morning, I forced myself to wake up. I was too tired to move. I yawned and walked to the bathroom. Quietly, I studied myself. There were dark circles under my eyes, I was pale, and my hair was a mess. I brushed my blonde locks and put it up in a bun. There is nothing I can do about my face.

I put on a camp shirt and jean shorts and headed to the Mess Hall. I sat down. Liv, Travis, and Connor sat down with me. I smiled and yawned again. "I heard you shouting, what was that about?" Connor asked.

"Oh nothing."

Connor's POV

WRONG. She said that her mother made her exist and she hate her for it. Why does she hate her life? Am I not fabulous enough? FOCUS CONNOR. Okay, how to ask her out? It needs to be private. WAIT NO. I know what I need to do. I just need a bunch of swords, some tape, and a place for it.

Lily's POV

After breakfast, I grabbed my sword and walked to training. Clarisse was yelling out instructions. Typical Clarisse. I found a partner and began to battle. Sweat dripped of my forehead, falling off my chin. Clarisse yelled out directions. I got a nod of approval as I defeated my partner. "MOVE ON TO DAGGERS."

I stink at dagger throwing. I sighed and walked the cabin where the weapons are to get the daggers. I stopped fed in my tracks. In front of me was "Lily, will you be my girlfriend?" spelt out in swords. Connor stood in front of it, grinning.

I choked out a sob an ran to him. He caught me and twirled me around. "What do you say?"

"OF COURSE YOU IDIOT!"

He laughed and kissed me. An actual kiss. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him back. My first kiss. The best kiss. We broke away to the sound of Liv squealing in the background. Clarisse rolled her eyes, but she smiled. I grabbed my daggers and ran back to training. I was giddy the whole time. I was in love. Hopelessly, madly in love.

I made the next three shots and aced the fourth. My eyes wandered as I trained harder and harder. We switched back to swords. I hit harder and harder and had to be out with Clarisse. She grinned wickedly and got in ready stance. She flattened before you could say Apollo's sun chariot.

I huffed and got up. I tried again and again. I was like this for hours. It seemed as if she could do this forever. Once again, we skipped the campfire. We continued to train. Finally, she called it a day. I we trudged back to our cabins.

At midnight, I walked to the designated area that my mom told me about. This was the one we used to talk at. I brought my sword with me. Staring at it, I walked towards it. I lifted my sword and stabbed it. The earth shook and then stopped.

Fool, you have chosen the losing side.

In that moment, I started with my little rebellion, and I may not live through it.