Chapter Six

Endeavor arrived at the designated meeting place a few minutes late, there'd been an emergency situation on the way and he had to step in and help. As he arrived, he spotted Ridley wearing a cute pink dress sitting next to a richly dressed man in a suit that cost more than the average person made in a month. He had black as night hair and coal black eyes devoid of feeling and looked out of place next to the bright youth at his side.

"He's late." The man's voice was cold and unfeeling.

"Someone probably needed a hero." Ridley piped up softly with a smile, "I don't think he'll be much longe-."

"Don't make excuses for other people, Ripley." The man huffed not even bothering to look at the pretty teen at his side.

Endeavor frowned, even he knew the names of his own children! He knew he had a long way to go to be a good father but next to Mr. Fujikawa he looked like father of the year.

"...sorry..." Ridley's voice was soft and meek.

The cold unfeeling man frowned and continued typing away on his phone refusing to look at the result of his mistake seventeen years ago.

"Dad?"

"What?!" He growled.

"Will you tell me about my mom?"

He paused his typing and glanced down at teen with the bright summery golden green eyes and the glittering snow-white hair. "She's dead." His tone of voice was curt and to the point.

Ridley felt her heart begin to crumble, "W-what?"

"Suicide." He shrugged, "Right after giving birth to you, probably for bringing something so useless into this world." He turned away from her before glancing down at his phone, "I've waited long enough, do not bother me again." With that said he got to his feet. He paused and pulled a small folder out of his briefcase before handing it to her.

"W-what's this?" Ridley struggled to keep her voice steady and fight off the flow of tears.

"Information about your mother, I don't want any more questions." He shrugged and walked away.

Ridley bit her lip as she gripped the folder tightly in her hand. Did anyone want her? As she was about to shatter, a strong warm hand clamped down on her shoulder. She glanced upward and a sob hitched in her throat as she met her mentor's gaze.

"S-sorry, my dad had a last-minute meeting..." She blurted before she could stop herself.

Endeavor frowned and pulled her to her feet before wrapping his arms around her. "I heard." He felt something stir within him as the petite girl began to crumble.

"I'm sorry." She sniffled as she pulled away and wiped at her eyes, "you don't like hugs...and I lied again..."

"You get a free pass." He reassured her and held his arms open.

Ridley hesitated before stepping into his warm embrace. Though he was stiff and awkward while hugging her in an attempt to comfort her, it was helping. It reminded her of Frank's hugs, it was warm and made her feel safe.

Endeavor thought for a moment, he didn't think it was a good idea to leave the teen alone. "We could still have dinner." He offered.

Ridley shook her head, "I'm not very hungry...thanks though...sorry for troubling yo-ow!" She cut off as he flicked her on the forehead.