Chapter Sixteen

Ryland woke up in the middle of the night and found a strange pink blanket covering him. It smelled like Ridley and hard candies he'd sometimes find at old people homes. He stretched out and noticed Ridley curled up on futon next to him. Rather than move him when she got home, she'd laid next to him in a somewhat uncomfortable looking position. She hadn't even covered herself up.

He sighed as he rolled to his feet and waddled across her futon to grab at the blanket she kept folded at the foot of it. After a few tugs he managed to get it unfolded and pulled it over her before flopping on top of her sleeping form. Ridley stirred awake briefly. She wrapped her arms around him and snuggled him close. Ryland smacked at her arms before giving up as he realized she'd fallen back asleep. He tried to wriggle free so he could attempt to pull her into a more comfortable position.

Once he realized he was stuck in her grasp he thought for a moment, Ridley always snapped her fingers and moved things. He looked at his tiny black furred hands and tried to mimic her action. He struggled to get his clawed phalanges to snap like Ridley snapped them. He managed a meager snap, but nothing happened. He tried again, nothing. Ryland gave up and snuggled into Ridley's arms.

......

Ridley woke early in the morning to find Ryland wrapped securely in her arms. She smiled as she hugged the squashy raccoon close. "Good morning, Ryland." Ridley beamed as she gave him another squeeze.

Ryland woke and threw the girl a sardonic look. His gaze softened after a moment as he accepted her morning snuggles though appearing to be begrudging about it. Ridley giggled as Ryland let her rub her face against his super soft belly. Growing annoyed with her fawning Ryland swatted at her until she released him from her hold.

Her bright eyes fell on the bouquet of flowers Tamaki had brought her the day before and a shy smile spread across her lips. Ryland followed her gaze and huffed before swatting at her again not liking that he wasn't the center of her attention anymore. Ridley smiled and scooped up the squashy raccoon as she got up off her futon.

"Let's get some breakfast." She beamed.

Ryland affectionately rubbed his head against hers before squirming out of her arms and perching himself atop her shoulders. Ridley smiled softly to herself and skipped out of her bedroom and headed toward the kitchen. The smell of buttered toast, bacon and eggs wafted out of the kitchen and dining area. Ryland sat up straighter atop Ridley's shoulders excited at the prospect of a good meal.

Ridley skipped into the dining room to find Natsuo and Shoto sitting at the dining table. Her mentor stepped into the dining room from another door and his lips pressed into a frown as he noticed his sons tense at his arrival. He didn't linger for long, grabbed some food to go and quietly thanked Fuyumi for breakfast before looking to Ridley.

"Be ready in fifteen minutes." He said gruffly before taking his leave not wanting to ruin his children's breakfast.

Ridley watched him go feeling a heaviness in her chest. The Todoroki family still had some healing to do. Once their father was gone, Natsuo and Shoto turned to the bubbly girl with the raccoon perched atop her shoulders.

"Did you sneak into our rooms last night?" Natsuo pondered.

"Huh?" Ridley tilted her head to the side.

Shoto stuffed his hand into his pockets and retrieved the mittens she'd knitted for him, "we found these in our rooms." Natsuo pulled out his own pair.

"I made them for you guys. I didn't have to sneak into your rooms I just used my quirk to deliver them silly." Ridley beamed causing them both to blush.