Chapter Twenty

Shoto was the first of the Todoroki's to make it home, Fuyumi and his father were still at work and Natsuo was still at university. Worried about the spastic girl, he crept to her room to check on her. He listened at the door for a moment, it was quiet. Slowly he pushed her door open careful to keep from making a sound. The pitter patter of little feet sounded as her loyal sidekick bolted for the door.

The raccoon stood up on his hind legs and appeared to fold his arms in front of him looking somewhat like a tiny furry bouncer. Shoto peered through the dark room to try and get a look at Ridley, it was too dark for him to make anything out. He tried to take a step into the room but found his path blocked by the raccoon as it now held out one of its small furred hands as if wanting some kind of payment for entry.

Shoto sighed and patted his pockets, "I don't have anything for you."

The racoon menacingly folded its arms once more and Shoto groaned as he realized he wasn't going to get past the raccoon without some kind of offering. He retreated out of Ridley's room and headed to the kitchen. He hurriedly made a peanut butter sandwich and returned to Ridley's room.

The raccoon was lying in wait at the door determined not to let him through without a decent offering. It eyed the sandwich in his hand and sniffed at the air. Seeming satisfied with the smell of it, Ryland held out his hand again.

"You make everything so complicated." Shoto grumbled into the dark room as he handed the sandwich to the racoon. He stepped into Ridley's room and turned on a small desk lamp so he could see.

Ridley was sound asleep on her futon. There was some fresh bruising on her face from her earlier tumble but it looked like she'd stopped bleeding. Shoto frowned as Ridley began to toss and turn in her sleep. She looked like she was in pain.

"Ridley?" Shoto knelt beside her, everyone had said she was really sad deep down and he'd never believed it but looking at her now at how much pain and anguish she seemed to be in, he knew everyone had been right. "...please don't be sad anymore... even if you're annoying, I like seeing you happy..." He said softly.

Ridley's phone buzzed causing Shoto to jump. He glanced down at the screen; it was a call from someone entered in her phone as Sexual Harassment-kun. Another moment later she got a call from someone in her phone as Tama-tan. Shoto recognized the picture that accompanied it, it was her boyfriend. Shoto glanced down at Ridley she seemed distressed. He tried to hold her hand to comfort her but it wasn't doing anything. He looked to the phone flashing beside him and picked it up.

"Ridley?" The soft worry filled voice of her shy awkward boyfriend sounded on the other end.

Shoto felt a fleeting moment of panic well up inside of him, why did he answer her phone?!

"Ridley?" The voice grew more worried.

"Ah...it's Shoto..." Shoto replied with a slight cringe while mentally kicking himself for answering.

"Is Ridley alright?" Tamaki asked worried.

"...I don't know..." Shoto admitted softly, "...it might be better for her if you're here...I don't think I'm helping very much..."

Tamaki smiled softly to himself on the other end of the line, Ridley had successfully grown on the boy just as she'd predicted, "I'm sure you're doing fine." He attempted to reassure the younger boy, "I'm on my way."

Shoto nodded to himself and hung up the phone not knowing what to say to his senior.

Meanwhile, at the Endeavor Agency, Endeavor had tasked some of his sidekicks to comb through old police calls from around the time Ridley was born. With a memory altering quirk it was entirely possible the reason there weren't any reports or records on file for Mr. Fujikawa was that he'd erased the evidence from the minds of those involved and taken any physical files but he wouldn't have had access to the phone recording archives.