Chapter Eleven

A few weeks later and Ridley had grown accustomed to her life at the Todoroki estate. Frank had stopped by for a visit and brought gifts from the rest of the staff and told her to call him if she ever needed anything. She'd visited her grandmother a few times, she had good days where she believed Ridley was her mother and there were a few bad days where she didn't recognize her at all but there were more good days than bad days so Ridley still felt hopeful.

After their kiss, things with Tamaki had been a little awkward. It seemed neither of them knew how to act around one another. Mirio seemed amused by their odd behavior but didn't call them out on it. Ridley was embarrassed enough about their kiss but was even more embarrassed by the fact she was dreaming about kissing him every night in her sleep which made it incredibly hard to face him throughout the day.

Despite his earlier words when she'd been sick, Endeavor allowed Ryland to stay in her room and had even asked one of the servants to find a pet bed and dishes for him. Ryland was enjoying his royal treatment and had gained some weight as he spent the majority of his day lounging about on his comfy squashy bed in Ridley's room. He still had to endure some intense snuggles from the spastic girl but he tolerated her love and affection.

Ridley woke bright and early Saturday morning and giggled softly as she spotted Ryland sprawled across his plush bed next to her futon. He was lying on his back with his arms and legs sprawling at odd angles that didn't look very comfortable. She reached over and rubbed his fat belly. The overweight raccoon tried to bite and claw at her but realized in a panic that because of the weight he'd gained couldn't reach her hand to bite her without a lot of effort and a few stomach curls that he definitely was in no shape for.

"Ryland, I think we're going to have to start exercising." Ridley frowned as she noticed his struggle to bite her.

Ryland turned his nose up at this and endured her belly rubs. Ridley snapped her fingers on her left hand causing a bright blue terry cloth sweatband to appear in her hand. She secured it around the racoon's forehead and jumped to her feet with a giggle.

"Alright, let's get to it!" She cheered and began stretching. "Come on, Ryland you should stretch too."

Ryland reluctantly rolled off his squashy bed and scampered over to her. After a morning stretch and workout, Ridley changed into her hero costume and bid Ryland farewell before scampering out of her room. She was interning with Endeavor's Agency today. She skipped into the dining room and barreled right into an unsuspecting Shoto just as Endeavor stepped into the dining room from the opposite hall. He groaned inwardly as he watched his youngest child get wiped out by his ward and the pair of them went sprawling to the floor. Ridley broke Shoto's fall and hit the floor with a loud thud.

Her lyrical laughter rang around the dining room as they hit the floor. "You should watch where you're going Sho-chan!"

"YOU should watch where YOU'RE going!" Shoto snapped back at her angrily as he shoved her away from him.

Ridley cackled on the floor as the surly teen gruffly took his seat at the table. Fuyumi fought off a laugh as she noticed the flustered flush to her brother's cheeks. Natsuo peered under the table and laughed as he spotted Ridley still laying on the ground cackling like a loon.

"You gonna stay down there, Ridley?" Natsuo laughed.

"Yep. It's comfy and I can look up Sho-chan's nose from here." She giggled causing Shoto to cover his nose and shoot her a scowl.

Endeavor massaged his temples as he waited for Shoto's outburst before taking his seat at the head of the table. Fuyumi held back a laugh as she served breakfast, stepping over Ridley's still giggling form on the floor, used to her shenanigans.