part 04. The grand day

Rin and Me didn't do much after we got home, we were perplexed by the whole situation earlier at the cafe, but we also had to finish packing and taking our clothes out for tomorrow.

"I really hope I get the dormitory with you.." Rin sighed out as she finished the last of her folding clothes before throwing herself onto the bean bag with a packet of chips.

"I hope so too. Judging from the dudes at the cafe, I wonder what else kinda weird people we might meet at college. I'd rather stay with somebody sane and smart." I remarked with a smile, as I got done with my packing too.

"I'm gonna head to bed for now, I'm too tired. See yah tomorrow mornin', girl." I hopped up with a yawn and waddled over to my room. I plopped onto my bed with a prolonged sigh before sleep took over my body.

_____

*next morning*

[ I'm time-skipping to when they reach school, are done and dressed up. ]

Me and Rin nervously stood in the office, the school brimming with students everywhere. It was freshmen's first day, of course. Our stuff had been sent to our new dorm rooms but they hadn't provided us with our room key and number yet.

Sakura and Ino came busting through the door, panting.

"Finally, you two. Sakura Haruno and Ino Yamanaka, you both are dorm mates. Your room is 100, here's your keys." The girls squealed in delight before looking away, remembering they were rivals of sorts.

"Rin Nohara, room number 101. Your keys."

"We're neighbors!" Sakura giggled happily while I stood there, eyeing them all with a frown.

"Naoyuki Ito. All the freshmen's dormitory's have been occupied, so you'll be on the 3rd floor, which is the Junior's floor. Your room number is 320." He handed me my keys, the girls all turning to look at me then.

"Wait, why can't she be with me?!" Rin whined out in shock. "Cant you pair her with me?"

"I could, but the school decided against it. You're the current smartest student in the whole school, so we paired a bit of a slow student- who is a repeating freshman. We agreed that your geniuses might help him move forward a bit." He explained, which despite making sense, was saddening that she got separated from me.

"And Naoyuki. It's not my place to say this, but I'd warn you beforehand. Not only is your roommate a boy, there's two. I'd suggest you not get on their bad side. At. All." The vice principal seemed to have a look of worry and.. fear?

"I. Uh, yes, sir." I nodded stiffly and sighed, plastering that sweet, fake smile.

Today wasn't gonna be a good day.