part 13. akatsuki lunch gone wrong

"Long time, no see. Zabuza Momochi."

The man beside me 'tsked' as he turned to look up at the equally intimidating guy with a ferocious glance.

"What do you need?" He asked in annoyance.

"Aren't you supposed to be in class, Nao?"

"She's with me. I'll ask again, what do you need, Kisame?" Zabuza stood up with a glare, Haku shrinking beside him as even she could feel this escalate slowly.

"Nao, you didn't tell me you were dating this.. druggie. I didn't think of you as that kinda person." Kisame smirked, his gaze fixated on the other man.

"I'm not! We were just.. having lunch together. That's all. Right, Haku?" I asked nervously and she thankfully, nodded.

"I'll walk you to class, let's go." Kisame extended his hand in my direction, only for it to get smacked away by Zabuza. One thing led to the other and he angrily gripped onto Kisame's collar, face inches away from the other man.

"We had a deal. You don't bother me, and I won't bother you. Especially after what you guys did to Haku, I suggest you stay away from me. And my people." He spoke lowly, his voice an octave deeper than Kisame's. This whole situation wasn't turning out nice, somebody had to step in.

I stood up, gripping my bag in fear, ready to speak up in his defense. "Listen, Zabuza..-"

"Hm. Are we having an issue over here?" A firm hand placed on the shoulder of Zabuza, piercing green eyes staring at him from behind.

"Tsk." Zabuza let go of his collar, backing up a bit to look at the other guy with hate brewing in his eyes. "Your friend doesn't know his place, that's all."

"Seems you don't know yours either, to be hanging out with our damn friend~" Hidan came up behind me, resting his arm on my head. He was tall, and his arm itself was quite heavy.

"Haku, my my. How're you doing~?" Deidara magically appeared onto the seat where I was sitting, his smile way too friendly. I have never seen him smile that big, so it's all new.

"Stay away from him!" Zabuza barked out in a threatening way, his hand immediately sliding into one of his pockets as if to get something, but a tight grip around his wrist stopped him.

"That won't be necessary. But if you still persist on being violent... you know where to meet us." Kakuzu's voice reverberated around the cafe, cold eyes fixed on Zabuza.

"Can we finish up here? I'm late for art, I honestly hate waiting." A familiar redhead sighed out, standing a little bit afar as he observed the whole drama unfold before those chestnut eyes of his.

Within a whole minute, the whole of Akatsuki had gathered around us, and I only prayed for the earth to open up and swallow me whole because I have never felt so intimidated, useless and awkward.

"After hours, it is." Zabuza concluded. Haku jumped up in his defense, his fist balled up.

"No! No, you absolutely cannot go out there again! You'll get hurt, I'll be coming wi-"

"Then it's decided. Let's go." Kisame spared a finally glance our way as they all retreated, leaving Haku with a worried look on his face and Zabuza beyond angry.

"It's been 15 minutes since class started, what're you kids doing out here?!" A teacher yelled out as we bowed in apology, quickly hurrying off to our classes.