part 29. Butthurt barbie

( we're halfway finished with this book :,) )

———

(Nao's POV)

I awoke groggily to the faint noise of dishes clattering and an unusually chirpy, childish voice yelling, followed by Deidara's loud whining.

"Tobi! Give me my phone back, now!"

"Nope~ and it's Obito for you, kid."

"Danna! Could you lend me some help?!"

Peeping my eyes open, I caught a glimpse of Deidara on top of Obito who tried to pry the younger away and had his hand extended, holding a phone away.

"Oh, you're finally fuckin' awake." My view was blocked with a black cloak moving to stand in front of me, Hidan chuckling a little at my disheveled state.

"Ah.. Good morning.." I yawned while stretching my limbs out, tiredly. "How long was I asleep?"

"Not that long, you only missed like.. 3 classes." Hidan casually shrugged, moving to seat himself next to me and slung an arm around my shoulder.

"What?!" I abruptly stood up, his arm falling off me.

"Shh, calm down. None of us are going anyways, it's our day off~" Hidan stretched his limbs while relaxing back, eyeing me with a smile.

"Day off? Hidan, this is school! Not a job." I groan and facepalm mentally, not before scanning my surroundings. It was peacefully quiet now.

My eye caught sight of Deidara, so I flashed him a little smile. He only returned this with a cold glare, almost too hateful and bitter. I looked over to Hidan silently and he merely shrugged. "Hey, don't look at me. It's y'all's relationship. My only relationship is with Lord Jashin."

Sighing, I decided to head over to the seated blonde and bent over with my hands on my knees, waving in front of his face to catch his attention. "Yo."

Silence was the only response.

"I'm talking to you, Barbie boy!"

He ignored me once more, though Obito ended up laughing at the nickname. "Barbie boy, eh? Cute!"

"Tsk, what do you want?" He finally questioned without sparing me a glance.

"Uhm, you to tell me what's up with you?" I scoffed and flicked his forehead, earning a scowl from him.

"Don't bother." He brushed me off again?

"Oh, come on, Barbie boy~ Oh, I think he's on his period!" Obito snickered, only riling up the blonde more.

"Says the one weaker than Kakashi who wins the attention of Rin." Deidara shot back, just as harshly.

"What was that, you wanna go?!"

"Whoa, calm down, ladies." I had to step in between before they could take it any further, just in case.

"Whatever. I'm out." Deidara was first to stand up and packed his little bag with clay, storming outside the door with an exasperated look.

"Boys." I muttered lowly before looking at Obito. "You're Rin's boyfriend, right? You best take good care of that girl or I'll cut your balls with a butter knife. Just a warning, see yah."

Though this was only directed at Obito, even Hidan groaned at what I said, the mental image a lot more disturbing than just the words.

"Deidara, wait up!"