part 26. Pure hatred

(Deidara's POV)

"Naoyuki?"

All of us turned to the voice behind us, and surprisingly it belonged to one of my old classmates.

I disliked him, this boy. No particular reason, but my urge to loathe him grew so much, the leader granted me permission to get rid of him.

My own blue eyes came to fixate on the particular pair of stoic turquoise eyes, his deep crimson hair seeming to have grown some to cover that tattoo mark on his forehead.

"G-Gaara? Oh my god, Gaara-sama! You actually made it here~!" Nao immediately let go of my arm- my body almost aching for her touch again. I shook the thought away as I watched her throw herself onto the other boy with the brightest of laughs.

"It is you, long time no see. And it's just Gaara for you~" The fair-skinned boy's lips curved into an invisible smile as he gently came to wrap his arms around Nao, embracing her into a tight hug.

The image didn't settle well in the pits of my stomach, an odd sensation burning up inside me.

It was true he was the son of a Mayor who owned most of the part of Suna; rich lads, yeah.

"I missed you, brat! You never called, or texted! It was only Temari.. and on rare occasions, Kankuro. Humph.. come to think of it, where are those two?!"

"They're 'round. Who's the guy?" Gaara's question was indirectly targeted towards me as I felt his cold stare on me, even through the dimmed lights.

"Aah~" Nao turned to look at me with that bright smile plastered on her face, moving between me and Hidan, hugging our arms once more.

"This is ahh.. the religious chatterbox, Hidan~! And that's Deidara, my roommate who's obsessed with doing art and making things weirdly explode..~"

"Chatterbox? Who the hell're you calling a chatterbox, bitch? I spread the word of Jashin, don't you dare speak bad about his teachings!" Hidan scoffed a bit as he pried his arm away.

"Roommate..?" I noticed a glint of curiosity, no, almost displeasure coating those teal hues of his.

Nao seemed to have noticed it too so releasing my arm, she stepped forward towards the boy and cupped his face gently, thumb caressing his cheek.

"What's with the sad face, hm? Try smilinggg..~" She chimed as I watched her thumbs try to tug his lips in an upwards grin.

Her sickeningly affectionate tone with another guy, especially a rival, seemed to stir up something selfish in me, my body acting on its own to shove myself forward and grip her wrist, pulling her away from him.

"Nao-Chan, you've had so much to drink tonight, let's start heading back, yeah." Subconsciously, my body had also formed up a smart reason for it too.

Before I could contently take my leave with the girl, a cold hand latched onto my wrist, the stone-like grip holding me in place. "There's no need, she seems pretty sober to me. Let her hand go, Deidara."

"H-Huh?" Nao exchanged me and Gaara a puzzled look, her cheeks still tainted a light hue of pink from the booze earlier. Somebody hold me back because-

"Alright, Alright. Both of you release holds now, we don't have time for petty shit like this."

"Him first." Almost simultaneously, me and the red-head spoke up, glaring at each other.

"I'd hate to use force.." Hidan chuckled almost devilishly as he shuffled something in his jacket, a tiny glass jar with a few red pills catching our eyes.

"W-What's that..? Drugs?!" Nao gasped softly.

"I fuckin' wish. You don't need to know what these are.. yet. Now, I assume I asked something?"

Clicking my tongue with a scowl, I let go of Nao's wrist, the other boy hesitantly doing the same.

"Now.." Hidan smirked as he walked up towards Nao, head cocking to the side as he reached out to carefully grasp her hand. "We'll head off. I'll leave you two idiots.. to sort your things out."

Hidan had turned to leave, Naoyuki going along with him as they both had left to the dorms.

Making sure she got through the crowd properly, my eyes stayed fixed on her until her silhouette gradually disappeared from sight.
Turning my head back towards Gaara, blue hues were narrowed, anger brewing within.

"So.. why're you here?"