033. Declaration of war

[ character death : warning. ]

"So he's here.. after you?"

Giving a timid nod, Nao looked away in embarrassment. She was ordered to meet up with the Akatsuki and clear some things up, something that terrified her because of how scary the guys looked when they got all serious.

"How exactly do you know him? We had a past with him, but we didn't expect you.. of all people to have a deeper bond with him."

Inhaling deeply, she hesitated before speaking. Telling them everything about how she and Menma first met at a festival, how he was the nicest boy to ever exist until he just woke up one day; wrong.
She told them about how he suddenly became violent and verbally abusive to the point where when she wanted to talk about separating for their own good, Menma would just become furious and sexually violate her to show her her place.

Not being able to take anymore of the continuous assaulting and even rāpe, so much to the point where she blacked out; Nao decided to flee.
So many times until his psychotic self found her every time. Just when she thought she was safe within the shelter of a new school.

"The nerve of that jerk! Does he really think he stands a chance against ten of us?!"
Deidara scoffed, glancing over at every other member who only nodded in slightly agreement.

"Here. I found this in my locker today."
Konan spoke in her usual calm voice, sliding forth a folded piece of paper. Sasori, who settled quietly beside unfolded it and began to read it.

"M'lady! Even you.. he dared to fuckin' threaten you?! He really is asking for something!" Hidan retorted angrily with a frustrated sigh.

"In this case, it seems he's asking for war. That we either hand him Nao and let everybody be in peace or suffer the consequences of unbridled rage."
Sasori replied calmly. The looks on the other members faces were taken aback; this single boy thinks he really can come on somebody else's turf and ask for a fight?

Knock, knock.

The attention of them all was taken by the faint knocks at the door.

"At this hour?" Itachi murmured almost to himself, eyeing the clock that read 12:45 a.m.

"Is it pizza?!" Obito chimed out, watching Kakuzu sluggishly move towards the main door. It was hidden behind a wall, so none of them were offered a clear view.

Kakuzu grumbled as he swung the door open, only to be greeted by chilly air to his face. It seemed to have finished storming, only the lightning remained.

"Fuckin' kids—" Just as he was about to shut the door, he saw a dark pile on the floor.

"Yo! Who the fuck is it?!"

He crouched down and poked the black pile, only to touch something rather soft. The loud lightning flashed over them, shining upon to show briefly a face covered messily with hair.

"A.. dead body?" Kakuzu's eyes narrowed at the thought at he gave a sharp shove at this person's shoulder, having their face exposed as clear as day.

"Oh god." Is all he muttered.

"What's taking so— is that.."

There was a bloodied note attached to the wrist, which the man had already started reading.
"Consider this a final warning, this is war."

Meanwhile the members desperately waiting for either Obito or Kakuzu to come back and atleast tell them what was happening. It was all eerily silent until a scream ripped through the atmosphere.

"RIN!!"