part 11. Lunch suspense

Third and fourth period were a bore as well, except I got to make more friends. I talked to the red-head from the cafe, his name was Sasori. And apparently, Deidara was with him all the time. Roommate thing, I guess.

Then, I made friends with a hyper blonde kid, Uzumaki, was it? His friends were pretty cool and funny; Sai, Shikamaru and Sasuke- the girls all had a weird, psychotic obsession with Sasuke. I also found out that he had an older brother who was a junior.

It was finally my most favorite period- lunch.

There were students everywhere, it was like I'd be run over their stampede anytime. And I couldn't quite figure out where the cafeteria was, everything was blocked from view by the tons of students going in every direction.

"So we meet again, kid." A heavy arm patted my shoulder gently, the voice sounding distantly familiar.

I turned to look up at the man, a cigarette held between his teeth.

"Is that allowed on campus?" I pointed out.

"You don't even acknowledge your friend and that's what you care about, I thought you'd be nicer than this." He let out a dramatic sigh and looked back at me, holding the cig between his fingers. "You want a puff?"

"Oh, no thanks. I don't smoke.. I don't think you should either, it's bad for you. And there's students around.." I trailed off in embarrassment. Way to go and be a nerd.

He only stared down at me with an arched brow. "Aren't you the goody-two shoes~? Bet you're a nun too?"

"Hey! That's not nice!" I shoved him gently, crossing my arms over my chest with a huff. I was a pure virgin, yes. But it was embarrassing to still have your virginity in college. They'd make fun.

"So you are one of those rare nuns~!" He chuckled as he continued to lead me somewhere, a place where most of the students were headed. "I'll walk you to lunch just this once."

We reached the cafeteria, and holy god, there was so many students. And that's the most biggest understatement. They seemed to have been in groups. I eyed a punk group in the corner, dressed in all black. A fangirl group, all staring into one direction which happened to be Sasuke's. Hidan and his group of friends, he had quite a lot of friends for his personality, Naruto's group and finally.. the girls.

"How many times must I tell you, not to smoke in school premises?!" Asuma-sensei walked up in front of us, glaring at Zabuza.

"You're quite mad this early in the morning. Wanna hit the blunt?" Zabuza smirked, his tone almost too teasing.

"Zabuza Momochi, how dare you bring illegal substances onto school grounds?! I'll have you s-"

"Fine, relax. I'm heading outside." He put his hands up in surrender, giving me a wink from the side-eye later. "I'll be out by the fields if you need me, alright, kid? See yah."

I nodded and waved him off with a smile. He was one weird, but cool dude.

"Nao!" A girl threw herself onto me, catching a glimpse of her soft pink hair, I hugged her back. "Sakura, Hey. Where's Ino and Rin?"

"They're all over there, plus new friends too! Hinata totally has a crush on one of them too.~" She giggled in an evil manner before tugging me, showing me the way to their lunch table.

As I walked over, I caught a glimpse of Sasori staring right at me, his eyes seemingly a shade darker. Or was that just my imagination? Couldn't be. Because even Deidara was giving me a clearly annoyed look.

What was up with those dudes? Weirdos.

I shrugged it off and got greeted by loud, familiar screeches and Rin giving me a huge hug. "We missed you, girl!"

"I missed you guys, too~" and I did.

Amongst all the weirdness and insane people I've met today, they  were the only people who made me feel sane and calm right now.