part 15. "What's art?" "My foot."

"What'd you say, un?!"

"I said. I love Sasori's art more than yours~" I chuckled teasingly as I looked over at Sasori, giving him a small wink. He rolled his eyes before finally letting out a quiet snicker.

"How dare you, un?!! My art.. is the best of it all! It's better than his puppet shows, better than Sai's lifeless doodles. Better than your stick figures! Better than any art form there ever was!" Deidara yelled and stood up angrily, almost knocking his paint board down.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't hear you over the amazingness of Sasori's wooden sculpture here. What was that~?" I smirked as I tauntingly eyed Deidara who was fuming now.

"It is said that when a woman argues with a man, it's a sign that she likes-" Before Sai started, I smacked the book out of his hands.

"It is said that if you don't shut up, this lady's foot will be up your ass!"

"I'm gonna assume your works are done to be chatting up like this?" The teacher showed up behind us, arms placed on either side of her hips.

"Uh, no-"

"Yes, ma'am." Said two boys, in a calm, soft voice.

"As I'd expected from the top art students in the school. Well done, Sai. Amazing work, Sasori. Keep it up!" She clapped her hands together, proudly looking at the works they presented.

Sai had only drawn what looked like abstract Mountain View doodled and Sasori made a.. puppet. That's not even close to that theme and he still got praised for it! Damn, somebody's biased.

"As for you two.." She narrowed her eyes when she looked at my blank board and Deidara's untouched canvas. "You'll be cleaning up the classroom after hours if you don't finish your work this period. You decide." With that, she turned to go off to her desk.

The classroom was a MESS. Paint splayed everywhere, pieces of paper and scrap laying across the class, broken brushes, spilled water and decorative materials. This couldn't get any worse.

* 15 minutes later *

"Done! Sasori-Danna, look at my beautiful masterpiece!" He held up his clay piece, proudly.

Said boy turned his head up to look at Deidara's art, his bland expression not faltering one bit. "Eh. I still think Nao's beats yours."

Deidara then turned to look at my painting.

"What?! That?! That doesn't compare nowhere near MY ART!"

As if on cue, the ball rang. Sasori got up, glanced my way with a small smile before turning back dull when he looked at Deidara. "I'm not waiting."

"You don't have to, I'm done." Deidara stood up to pack his bags but a teachers voice stopped us.

"Nu'uh. Let's see." Adjusting her glasses, her eyes widened slightly at my painting. "Naoyuki, you did this? I'm impressed, for a newbie, you're pretty talented! Wonderful! And- oh." Her face went flat at Deidara's piece of work.

"So, whaddaya think?! Isn't it beautiful~?!" He beamed as he held his clay pigeon up high for everyone to view.

"Isn't that what you make every single time? I guess I found whose cleaning up this mess in the class after hours. Good luck, Deidara. Class dismissed."

"What?! Why?! Whatever." He huffed in anger as he sulked his way out of class, glancing in my direction before looking away with a 'humph.'

"It's okay, Barbie. Cheer up. Your work was unique in its own way.~" I patted his back, hoping to cheer him up some. He only groaned, I suppose more at the nickname than the opinion.

"Yeah, whatever. None of you truly understand what art means. Art is.."

"What class do you have now?" I cut him off, worried he doesn't start another one of his art speeches here in the hallway.

"Um, gym, I suppose. You?"

I paused for a moment, quickly pulling out my schedule and eyeing over my classes. "Uhhh.. resting period? What's that?"

"It's basically free time.. you could go back to the dorm, do whatever until your next class. Which is usually in an hour or two. Lucky.." He sighed out.

I nodded slowly, wondering what I was to do in the free time. My face suddenly came in contact with a firm surface, bumping into it.

"Whoops, sorry. This is my stop, see yah, idiot." I had accidentally bumped into his back when he suddenly halted in front of me.

I waved him off with a smile before switching my schedule for the map, hoping my dorm wasn't a far walk away. Not like I minded it, I was pretty chilly out anyways.

"Free time.. hm, I could try cooking dinner? Finishing up homework, or.. napping." I hummed happily, plugging in my earphones as I strutted down the hallway leading to my room.