part 27. Akatsuki's Party

(Deidara's POV)

Me and Gaara had a 'chat' for a good 10 minutes.
Apparently his sick excuse of a dad decided it'd be advantageous to join Konoha's college since it might expand his business across cities?

And that the sand siblings were close friends with Nao for years before I even knew him, huh.

My eyes narrowed as I carefully stepped forward towards him, lowering my head to his ear.
"As much as she means to you, I'd suggest you leave her alone. She's not just our roommate now, she's a part of the Akatsuki."

"Threatening me isn't gonna go well with you either, Deidara." He muttered back coldly.

"Well.. The Akatsuki will probably try to get rid of you any chance they get since you're a.. ya know, monster. Try anything with Nao, and it'll be the last thing you do, freak."

Patting his shoulder, I continue to walk the opposite way from him and headed for the exit, lips curved into a slight smirk as I stepped out.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*

(Nao's POV)

"H-Hidan! Are we at the right place?!" I squeaked out as another drunk bumped past me.

"Trust me, princess. We're at Itachi's." Hidan gave me a one-sided grin as he patted my shoulder, walking past all the wasted guests and into the kitchen where I could hear a string of chanting.

"Chug, chug, chug, chug!" Followed by loud whopping and whistling amongst the crowd.

Making our way towards the front, I spotted Itachi and an intimidating guy with piercings over his face.
There was about 10-11 empty shot glasses on either side of the table, Itachi downing his last one.

"Damn, y'all got the leader involved too this time? Count me in! I'll out-drink most of you fuckers! So, who's up next?" Hidan left me side and appeared in front of the table, filling up liquor in the used-glasses.

"I'll go~" A deep voice grumbled out, a raven-haired guy making his way to the front. He had only said two words, though it was the loudest, most deepest voice ever.

"What~?! Sit back down, Uchiha. You finished two whole bottles already." Sasori's voice spoke up from somewhere- it was hard to tell since it was pretty crowded in one apartment.

"I'm sorry, who do you think you're speaking to~?" The raven-haired guy slurred out, his dark eyes narrowing slightly.

His face seemed distantly familiar.. it's like deja vú.
A sudden sharp pain shot through my head as I was trying to remember, groaning at the pain.

"I am Uchiha Madara.. a god that surpasses-"

"That's enough. Go ahead and show us how 'mighty' you are by out-drinking the religion freak."

"Oi, Kakuzu! Shut the fuck up!" Hidan yelled out at his partner as I watched the entire thing go down.

This 'Madara' - who had a killer smile, like, literally KILLER smile - had stepped up to the table. He eyed Hidan before stifling a laugh. "He can't possibly be my opponent, he's a kid!"

"Who the fuck're you calling a kid?! You're like 90!" Hidan scowled and yelled at the taller male, the crowd falling silent upon that and nothing but whispers being heard now.

Madara turned around to face the silver-haired boy, his face void of any expression. "What was that?"

The environment went tense as I slowly scooted over to find myself next to Sasori, who didn't mind me.

Zetsu has appeared from out of nowhere, literally.
"Don't ruin the mood. Both of you, cheers!"

Hidan and Madara glared at each other once more before they dove right in, taking one drink after another. The stench of alcohol only worsening.

I sighed before mumbling out softly. "Hey, I'm stepping out for some fresh air, okay?"

Sasori gave me a small nod absentmindedly, his attention focused on the Uchiha and Hidan downing shots; his own face flushed red.

Making my way through the crowd, I managed to find the door and step out, sighing contently as the cool air breezed by my face.