part 08. zabuza

I was wandering the halls, heading downstairs to go to Ino's dorm and meet up with the girls. So far, it's been one heck of a long day.

Too lost in thought, I accidentally shoulder bumped into another student. "I'm so sorry!" I immediately threw out chains of apology. I didn't want to make enemies on my first day.

"It's alright. You new here, kid? I never saw you on this floor, or any floor, for that matter." I glanced up at the unfamiliar figure. He was tall with messy black hair and dark, dark eyes.

"Sorta. I'm just trying to find my way around still.."

"Figures. Where ya headed to?" He walked over next to me to peek in at my school map, casually resting his arm over my head. Yup, he was definitely the tallest man I've ever seen.

"There, room 100." I pointed at the map, to which he shook his head. He wrapped his fingers around my wrist, guiding my pointer finger to another room 100.

"There's two. The one you pointed at was the Janitors office." My cheeks heated up red in embarrassment of those words. "I'll walk you though, let's go."

"W-What? No, no, I'm fine. I don't wanna be a bother and I-"

"So formal, jeez. I said I'd walk you, come on now or be left behind~" He was already heading down the stairs so I rushed up behind him with a huff, muttering out a thank you.

After a long walk, we'd arrive at the girl's dorm. I turned to him with a bright smile and thanked him.
"Bye, it was nice meeting you..." I stared at him wondering if he'd take the cue. He smiled down at me, his lips curving up in a rather pleasant way in the sense that he was really intimidating but also really nice.

"The name's Zabuza, see you around, Nao." With that, he disappeared into the crowd of students.

Before I could knock, the door spun open and grabbed me in.
"Who was that?!"
"Your new boyfriend is so tall and scary, Nao!!"
"Big guys got big dick, ya know. She got luckyyyy~"

"Guys, chill! He just helped me find my way to your place. Ino, you're so sexually frustrated." I giggled and shook my head, throwing myself into a group hug and ready to spill the tea.

____

"Whoa, that's some luck being paired up with Deidara. He might bully you, be careful."

"No doubt about it. Today's gonna suck, my first period is gym too.." I sigh out, plopping down.

Something really cold touched my forehead and I looked up at Rin behind me, holding a bottle of.. iced coffee?! Yes!

"Lifesaver, thank you!" I happily took it from her, enjoying the cold, crisp taste of coffee sliding down my throat. I definitely ran on coffee, who didn't?

We chatted up some, checked our schedules before the warning bell had rung.

"There it goes. First day, first class. Good luck, ladies! We'll meet at lunch, see yah."

We both bid each other bye and headed to our respective classes, ready to take on our first day with a bang.

Here it goes, Nao! Let's go.