part 22. Pre-party anxiety

"Meet us at our apartment in a few hours?"

"Yup. Are the others gonna be there?" I questioned. I was on a call with Rin, who was planning to meet up at her place to get ready for tonight's party.

"Oh, Sakura and Rin are already here~"
"RIN, COME GET YOUR CLOTHES READY! STOP WASTING TIME GIRL" It was Ino.

"Nao, I'll see yah later. They're being aggressive, talk soon!"

I sighed as I walked to my next class; Science. And surprisingly, I was quite early. Nobody was really there except a handful of students.

As I stepped in with a sigh of relief, I felt a rather large hand land rather possessively on my shoulder. I glanced up behind me as I came face to chest with the large shark man. I noted the red cloud band on his arm, and the predatory smile he wore, his teeth looking unrealistically sharp.

"Good afternoon, Nao~" I smiled, too nervous to reply suddenly. He'd seemed slightly intimidating before and even still.
Everything about him screamed danger, from his well muscled arms, to his predatory gaze. Plus, I hadn't really paid close attention to him when I was healing his wound.

Reminds me. "Ah, Kisame-San. How's your wound healing?" I asked, breaking the awkward moment.

He gazed at his arm then back to me. "It's.. healing. And no need for the formalities. So, Hidan told me he invited you to our party?"

So he even went about to tell the others that I was already attending their party, sneaky brat.

"Y-Yeah. I'm still sort of unsure about it..." I muttered as we both headed to our desks, taking a seat.

"Hm, why's that?" He asked casually.

Shrugging my shoulders a bit, I started to take some books out for before the teacher comes in.
"I don't know.. An Akatsuki party, it seems like something sophisticated and posh. I.. wouldn't quite fit it and besides, the girls want me with them tonight.."

Kisame stared at me quietly before speaking.
"You can bring your friends? It's not anything grand, trust me. We just don't like 'new meat' so we decide to hold our own event. It's only a little social-gathering~"

I blinked a few times as the thought ran in my mind of attending their party- his definition of gathering seemed odd, too. I needed to think this out.

As if noticing me zoning out, he slightly nudged me with the warmest smile I've ever seen him display.
"Hey, it's okay if you don't want to attend. It's not mandatory or anything. But if you do change your mind, you know where our dorm is~"

I nodded with a little smile, slightly thankful he got the drift of me being nervous.

I was a freshman! Two days in and I'm already being invited to a Seniors party- by the most notorious gang, apparently! Surely I'm anxious.

There will be all those stereotypical cool kids, the calm delinquents who'd probably beat my ass on sight for no obvious reason, drugs and alcohol drinks with wild drunkards and creeps and-

Kisame must've noticed me get all panicky because I suddenly felt a large hand come to rest down on my thigh; my leg starts to get all shaky and week-kneed when I get too anxious about something.

"You good? There's really nothing to worry about, Nao. It's just a small get-together, nobody's forcing you.." Kisame sighed out a bit.

Great, I probably just embarrassed myself.

"Afternoon, class. I assume you all have your books and homework out." The dark-haired individual, Orochimaru, had stealthily managed to enter the classroom without anybody noticing.

*ding*

I sighed and glanced down at the new text I got.
It was from the groupchat. I curiously decided to check it, despite the severe rules of Orochimaru not wanting to see us with our phones or he confiscated them for a day.

Opening our girls groupchat, I read the new text and almost immediately- my eyes and mood lit up.

TEMARI-SISTAH:
-Guess who just pulled up at
the school, bishes? 😎