Chapter 2

Caitlan's POV:

I've been at high school for two weeks. I love it but I have no friends. Nobody wants to be friends with the coach's daughter. To be honest, I ain't fussed. I enjoy my classes, even if I do get called names.

It was the end of the day and I was heading down to dad's office. But I got stopped by three bullies, Daniela, Annie and Leila. "Where do you think you're going?" Daniela stood in my face. "Well it's the end of the day so going to meet my dad to go home." I retorted. The retaliation was a bad idea though as Daniela punched me in the face. There were no teachers about and the three of them dragged me into a janitor closet. They punched me, stamped on me and broke my arm. They locked me in the closet. "N-no! P-please!" I sobbed. I'm extremely claustrophobic and I can barely see from my swollen face. My arm is killing. There's a window. I can't use my broken arm but I managed to open the window. Oh god. I'm on the first floor. I feel sick. I climbed out the window and jumped. I felt my ankles break and my head hit the concrete. Next thing I knew, I blacked out.

Negan's POV:

What the fuck? Caitlan didn't come meet me today. She must have gone straight home. I put my leather jacket on but as soon as I did, my phone rang. It was Lucille. "Hey babe-" before I could say anything else, Luce was all panicky. Telling me everything that happened and that Caitlan is unconscious in hospital. Shit. I thought my little girl had ditched meeting me. How could I have even thought that?

I couldn't bare to go to the hospital and see my baby girl in that state. I went to the bar and had a few whiskeys. Next thing I know, Sharon - the high school English teacher was sat next to me. She told me she was sorry about what happened to Cait. The next thing I knew, I ended up going to hers....

Lucille's POV:

It's been two weeks and Negan hasn't come to the hospital once. Our little girl is in a hospital bed and he's not come to see her. Every time I go home to get clean clothes he's always passed out on the sofa, drunk. I'm going home a bit earlier today because I really need to talk to him.

When I got home, Negan was sat on the sofa. "Care to explain what you've been doing the past two weeks? Whilst I've been in the hospital with our daughter?" I asked pretty pissed off. "I can't bear to see her like that Luce." He said upset. "And you think I can? That's our baby girl in that hospital bed Negan! I need you! She needs you! What have you been doing these two weeks?" I asked angrily. He looked up guilty. "D-did you have an affair?" He nodded upset. "I've been by our daughter's hospital bed Negan! Whilst you've been going off with whoever she is! And I don't wanna know! I'm going back to our little girl. Because she needs me!" I grabbed my things and headed back over to the hospital.

After about an hour of being back next to my little girl, she woke up...

I saw her eyes open. "D-Daddy?" She croaked. My heart is just breaking right now. My poor baby. "Momma?" She sobbed. "I'm here baby." I planted a kiss on her head. "H-how long have I been here?" "Two weeks baby." She slowly sat up. "Daddy hasn't been to see me has he?" Cait asked upset. She knew. "Although unconscious momma, I knew. I knew you were here but daddy wasn't. Does daddy not love me?" She cried like crazy. Before I could say anything, Negan came in.

Negan's POV:

"Caitlan darling, of course I love you." It broke my heart that my little girl thinks I don't love her. "You've not been here though daddy." She cried like crazy. This set me off with tears. "I know baby. And I'm so sorry. I'm going nowhere though. I promise." I sat on the other side of my little girl and wrapped my arms around her. Lucille was avoiding eye contact with me but wasn't going to say anything for the sake of our little girl. My baby girl sobbed into my chest. How could I have not been here? What sort of father am I?

A/N this next bit is a month later. Cait is back walking again and back at school.

Caitlan's POV:

So Daniela, Leila and Annie have been expelled for what they did. I'm walking down to dad's office. Before I go in I can see through dad's office blinds - he's making out with my English teacher! What the hell! Before I could be seen I just ran home.

Once I got home, I headed upstairs. "Hey sweetie, are you ok?" "J-just not feeling too good Momma. Can I go lay on bed for a bit?" "Yeah of course you can darling." Momma told me. I went upstairs and laid on bed. I started crying uncontrollably...

Negan's POV:

After that makeout session with Sharon, I realised Cait would be coming down any minute to come home with me. I waited about ten minutes and no sign of her. Shit I hope nothing else has happened to her...

I drove home manically. "Luce is Cait home?" I asked panicked. "Yeah babe, she's upstairs. She ain't feeling too well. I gotta pop to the supermarket but I didn't wanna leave her alone. I'll be back soon." Lucille leant in and kissed me, which I returned. What the fuck have I been doing? I gotta cut it off with Sharon.

Once Lucille left, I headed upstairs to see Cait. "Hey darling-" I opened my little girl's bedroom door but saw her sobbing her heart out. "Hey, what's wrong sweetheart?" I sat next to her, but she wouldn't look at me. "I-I saw you with m-my English teacher dad!" Shit. "Is that why you was never there for me in hospital dad? You was with my English teacher? Mom needed you! I needed you dad!" "I made a mistake darling. But it'd have broke me to have seen you in that state." I felt myself well up. "And how do you think momma felt! I wasn't conscious but I still needed you daddy. Let me guess, mom doesn't know about you and my English teacher." "She knows about the affair sweetheart but not who." I felt so horrible. My baby girl is right. "You're right darling. I'm so sorry. I should have been there for you and mom." I got my phone out and texted Sharon, telling her it was over. "I love you daddy." My baby girl sobbed. "I love you too baby. Forever and always." I kissed my Caitlan on the head and cuddled her. Before we knew it, we both dozed off.

That's chapter two guys! I really hope y'all like it