Chapter 19

Caitlan's POV:

When I woke up, I was on a mattress next to dad, who was strapped down onto a stretcher on wheels. My broken leg was elevated. I didn't know where we were until someone walked in. Jadis. "What's going on?" Dad asked confused. He was then wheeled out and I don't know what they were talking about.

I managed to get up and hobble outside. Jadis had Lucille. "Please. My wife. She was called Lucille and apart from my Cait, this is all I have of her. I can make it right I promise." Before anything else was said, Jadis left and came back with a walker strapped to a trolley. "I didn't order for your people to be killed." Dad pleaded. I rushed over - which really hurt. "Jadis. He's telling the truth. Dad tells me everything and he didn't once give an order to kill your people. Please. Don't kill my dad." I sobbed. Jadis took the walker away and then released my dad. She gave us our things and keys to a car. "Thank you. I promise I'll make it right." Dad told her and I gave Jadis a hug. She's always had a soft spot for me.

Me and dad got in the car. "You ok daddy? You're face is a bit bust up." I asked concerned. "I'm ok babygirl. How's your leg?" "Killing. But I'm ok." I smiled and held dad's hand. "Let's get home." Dad kissed my head as he drove.

It was getting pitch black and we almost were back to The Sanctuary. We saw someone and dad stopped the car. It was Laura. "You look like shit. Get in." Dad said. Laura told us that Dwight betrayed us when they attacked Alexandria last week.

We all got out the car once we got back to The Sanctuary. Dad carried me upstairs. As soon as he opened the door to our room, mom came running up to us. "Simon told us you were both dead!" She sobbed as she hugged us. "I'm gonna sort Simon out in the morning don't you worry." Dad said. Lily was fast asleep in her crib. "Took me ages to settle her." Mom yawned. The three of us got into our pyjamas and got into bed. Lily was still fast asleep in her crib. Mom and dad both wrapped their arms around me as the three of us fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up to Lily cuddled up to me. "Cakey!!" She smiled. I sat up and gave her a huge hug. "Your dad's gone down to speak with Simon. We wanted to let you rest a bit longer." Mom told me. "I'm ok mom. I'll head down there in a few minutes." I smiled.

I sat with Lily and had breakfast. I can tell she missed me. I missed her so bloody much. "Right missy I'll be back soon." I gave my little sis a kiss and mom a hug and headed downstairs. Everyone was gathered around in the factory. "What's going on?" I asked confused. Dad and Simon were in the centre of it all. "Ah, Cait darling. Simon here thinks he'll be a better leader than me so we're gonna fight it out and whoever kills the other, well they're the leader." Dad told me. I wasn't too keen on this idea but I stood to the side and let them get on with it.

I didn't wanna see my dad fight, but as I hobbled along to a different area, Simon tripped me up. I screamed in pain as I fell because it was my bad leg. Well that pissed my dad off because he immediately hit Simon constantly and then had him on the floor, strangling him. Before we knew it, Simon was dead. Dad came over to me instantly and helped me up. "You alright baby girl?" He brought me into a hug. "Yeah dad." I smiled.

Dad helped me back upstairs. My leg kills even more. When we got back in the room, mom was concerned. "What happened?" I looked at dad. "I killed Simon. He wanted to be leader so we fought it out and whoever doesn't die, well I won. And he tripped Cait up." "Are you both ok?" Mom asked. I nodded but winced in pain so dad put me on the bed. Lily immediately sat on my knee.

"I gotta tell you guys something." Mom said quietly. "What's wrong Mom?" I asked. "I'm pregnant." She said. Lily didn't know what she meant but both me and dad had huge smiles. "Are you serious?" Dad got up and kissed mom, she nodded. "You're gonna be a big sis Lil." I whispered. She looked at me and smiled. "Me big sis wike Cakey?" I nodded and hugged my baby sis.

Time skip...

It's a couple weeks since we found out mom is pregnant and we have a war to plan. Thankfully, my cast is off and I can walk again properly. Dad locked Dwight up because of what Laura told us. Me and dad have been making sure all the Saviours have been working hard. The war is tomorrow! Eugene's been making bullets and demonstrated to dad and they're pretty good.

Me and dad are just about to leave the Sanctuary with the Saviours. "Lily come?" Lily asked sadly. "You gotta look after mommy and our little brother or sister." I said hugging her. She nodded as I wiped her tears. I gave mom a hug and dad cuddled Lily.

In the car, it was dad and Regina in the front and me Eugene and Father Gabriel in the back. Eugene is in the middle because dad didn't want me to have a panic attack.

We're now at a huge field. The Saviours one side, the Alexandrians at the other. We all pointed our guns at them, I could see Carl and Enid. It still really hurt to see them together. Then we fired. But our guns exploded! What the fuck? "Daddy! Are you ok?" I asked panicked, my hand was bleeding and so was his and everyone else's. Eugene fucked them up! That's when the fight broke out. Alexandrians were coming at us. Dwight attacked dad so I dragged him off so dad could run. I saw Rick chasing him. Fuck. I followed and stood behind some cars that weren't far from the tree where they were. They were fighting. But then it looked like they were talking. Are they coming to some sort of truce? But I saw something in Rick's hand. The light was refracting off it. It's some glass. Shit. I ran like fuck and I shoved dad out the way. Next thing I know, Blood is gushing out of my throat...

Negan's POV:

What the... Cait shoved me out the way. But when I saw why, my heart broke. My baby girl just saved my life. "No. Caity. Why'd you do that?" I felt tears fall down my face. "I c-couldn't lose you daddy." She choked before she became unconscious. "Help her! Please!" I pleaded. I saw Carl rush over with the doctor. Carl is still in love with my daughter. I can see it in his face. The doctor bandaged Cait's throat up. Then I heard the widow shout "No he killed Glenn!"

Rick came over. "We're letting you live. But you  both spend the rest of your lives in the cells." Before I could say anything, Carl interrupted. "No. You ain't putting them in cells dad. They've got a family. And I aren't letting you put Caitlan in a cell again. Not after last time. We're gonna let em live in Alexandria. Negan, Caitlan, Negan's wife and their daughter." I was speechless. After talking to Michonne, Rick agreed. "We'll take you to get your belongings and the rest of your family. Carl can go back to Alexandria and stay with Caitlan until we return." I didn't wanna leave Cait. But I reluctantly went with them.

When we got back to The Sanctuary, Rick waited outside and Diana knew something was wrong. So did Lily. "Where Cakey?" She asked quietly. Diana teared up. "She. She isn't-?" "No. She risked her life to save mine. She's at Alexandria." I told Diana what happened and she was crying like crazy. It broke my heart. My baby girl saved my life. Me and Diana got all of our things and Lily's crib etc packed and headed to our new home in Alexandria. As soon as we get back, I'm going to my Caitlan.

Ok guys! That's this chapter. I didn't have it in me to kill Carl off so I improvised. Hope y'all like it.@