Chapter 17

Caitlan's POV:

So it's been a week since I left the infirmary. My strength has improved but I haven't been able to move about as much. Mom and dad have told me to stay in bed for the week. I've been able to go to the bathroom alright and sit on the sofa and floor with Lily, but when I need to have a bath, mom has helped me get in and out.

So today, mom and dad said I can go to dad's meeting with the Saviours and Gregory. Dad brought some porridge in for the lot of us and Lily, she grabbed the spoon for mine and tried feeding me. "Bwekky Cakey. Eat." "Thanks sweetie. I can feed myself though" I smiled at her. She's been trying to feed me all week. "She's looking after her big sis, aren't you darling." Dad said sitting on the bed.

After breakfast I just laid down for a bit. The meeting isn't until this afternoon. Lily laid down cuddled up to me. She slightly hit my stomach when she put her arm over me. "Ouch. Careful sweetie." I said quietly. Lily got upset a bit that she hurt me. "Sowwy Cakey." "Hey it's ok." I kissed the top of her head. "You sure you're up to going today honey?" Mom asked. "Yeah. I gotta try and do a lot more. It ain't like I'm going straight back into fighting." I shrugged. "I'm gonna miss having cuddles all day with my baby sis though." I tickled Lily's sides and she was giggling. "We can all cuddle up later darling. We can get this damn meeting out the way and just relax." Dad smiled. "Wiz wo Woz?" Lily asked. "Yes we can watch Wizard of Oz." Dad winked.

Mom helped me to get ready to go to the meeting. And dad helped me to walk since I haven't moved about a lot. Mom and Lily are staying in our room. The idea of having the old wives area as a soft play area kinda went bust so that's just an extra room for me, mom, dad and Lily. Mom and dad didn't want us in a separate room than them, we just go in there to have a little run about etc.

Dad helped me to walk down to the meeting room. The Saviours and Gregory were already there. We all sat down and I sat next to dad; both of us leaning back in our chairs with our feet up on the table. Gregory was basically being a complete ass kisser, saying how the Hilltop will support us and if the residents disagree they'll be sent out. I just rolled my eyes, knowing he's bullshitting to impress me and dad. 

There were gunshots outside, me and dad went to the window to look. "Looks like we've got company!" He said. We all went outside and it was Rick with members of the Hilltop, Alexandria and Kingdom. "I'm sorry, we were in a meeting!" Dad said loudly. Well Rick then pointed out to the Saviours, naming them - except Eugene. "You have a chance to survive. Go back inside and we won't kill you!" "You're giving my people a chance? Fair play. But what about me Rick? And what about Caitlan." "I already told you what I'll do to you, and Caitlan? Well she's already made her choice!" "So you want me dead do you Rick? Does Carl? Does he hate me so much he wants me dead! Or is he still in love with me?" I yelled. "He doesn't love you!" I recognised that voice. Enid. "Oh yeah I forgot he's in love with you again. The one that decided to slut herself and take him away from me!" I smirked. I knew that would rile her up. Then dad brought out Gregory, who gave his whole 'The Hilltop is with Negan' speech. But Jesus yelled the Hilltop is with Maggie. Rick then threatened a countdown and well guns started firing and blazing. "Darling get inside!" Dad told me, panicked. "Daddy be careful." I held his hand before running inside.

"Caitlan, you go upstairs and rest. Tell your mom what happened." Simon told me. I nodded, took Lucille Junior and headed upstairs. It hurt like fuck but I managed to get back to the room. "Cait? What's happening?" Mom asked worried. "Rick attacked. Dad told me to come in, he's still out there mom." I sobbed. "Shit. I'll go down to the Saviours. You stay here with Lily and rest honey. Thankfully our room doesn't overlook the front so you should be ok." Mom kissed my cheek before heading out.

I sat on the bed, next to Lily who was snoozing away. About ten minutes later, she woke up. "Cakey?" She said rubbing her eyes. "Hey Lil." I smiled. "Mama dada?" "They'll be back soon honey." I lifted Lily up on to my knee. It hurt but I ignored it. "Miwk pwease Cakey." "Alrighty then." I got up off the bed and put some milk in Lily's bottle. "Oo feed me Cakey?" She asked sweetly. "Course I will." Lily climbed back on my knee and I fed her her milk.

I was trying to keep calm so that I didn't scare Lily. It's been an hour already and mom and dad aren't back. But I've been playing with Lily to try and take my mind off things. About ten minutes later though, the door opened. Mom walked in, followed by dad - covered in walker guts. "You ok dad?" I asked. "Never better darlin'. Just gonna shower and get all these fucking guts off." He winked at me before heading into the bathroom.

Mom just sat on the bed with me and Lily. But as soon as dad came out the bathroom, I got off the bed and ran and hugged him. I sobbed and didn't wanna let go.  "Hey. I'm ok baby." "I was freaking out like crazy daddy. I tried hiding it so I didn't scare Lil. But I - I thought." I stuttered. "Look at me baby. I ain't dying. Not today or tomorrow. I die when I'm ready. And that ain't for a long time. I promise."  He kissed the top of my head.

Dad told us what happened, how he encountered Gabriel and how they escaped the walkers. The four of us then just cuddled up in bed, watching Wizard of Oz. Lily was cuddled up to me (as always) and dad and mom had their arm around us both. I never want them to let go.

That's chapter 17 guys! Let me know what you think