Chapter 20

Negan's POV:

Once we got to Alexandria, me and Diana set everything up in our new home. There were three bedrooms, so one for me and Diana, one for Cait and one for Lily and the new baby when they arrive.

"Me want Cakey!" Lily said upset. "Should we take her or wait til we know she's ok?" Diana asked. "I'm gonna go see her, we can take Lil but if it's too much for her, we'll bring her home." I said and Diana agreed.

When we went to the infirmary, Rick obviously came to make sure I didn't pull anything. Cait was still unconscious, Carl was sat beside her. "Cakey!" Lily said loudly and she dived out of my arms onto the bed and she just cuddled up to Cait.

After a couple of hours, Caitlan started to wake up.

Caitlan's POV:

When I woke up, I didn't know where I was. I just felt small breathing against me. I looked out the corner of my eye and it's Lily. "W-where am I?" I croaked. "Alexandria infirmary, baby girl. We live in Alexandria now." Dad told me. "How long have I been unconscious?" "A few hours." Carl said. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "Shouldn't you be with Enid?" "Sweetheart. Carl persuaded Rick to let us live in Alexandria and not in a cell. He's the reason we're here." Dad told me. "Why?" I asked confused. "Because I still love you. I should never have hurt you in the first place. I'm sorry." Carl stroked my face. "I love you too." I smiled.

The doctor came in, I think his name is Siddiq. He said I could leave the infirmary but I have to take it easy. Carl helped me off the bed. "Me walk wiv Cakey?" Lily asked. "Course ya can." I smiled weakly. Lily held my hand after I got off the bed and we took a slow walk back to our house. Carl held my other hand.

When we walked back, we saw Enid. "So you're just going back to her?" She snapped. "I was in love with her the whole time Enid. I shouldn't have cheated on her or been with you." Carl said. "Karma's a bitch ain't it?" I said quietly. "You should have fucking bled out back out there." She sneered. Before I could say anything, Lily said "fuff off!" I couldn't help but smirk and Enid went off in a strop. "Language missy." Mom said but I know she was trying not to laugh.

Once we got back I told Carl I'd be alright. Me and Lil sat on the sofa. "How you feeling baby girl?" Dad asked. "In pain, but I'm ok." I smiled. "The doc said you have to be careful when you eat. Do you want some scrambled egg doing darling?" Mom asked. "Yes please." I smiled weakly. "You shouldn't have shoved me out the way darling." Dad put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. "I couldn't lose you daddy. I saw the glass in Rick's hand and I had to do something." I felt myself tear up. "We almost lost you though baby." Dad kissed my head.

As soon as mom passed me my eggs, Lily started feeding me. "What would I do without you eh?" I smiled. Lily kissed my cheek. "Why don't I show you two your rooms?" Dad asked after I ate. Me and Lily got up and went upstairs with dad and we first went in my room. Then we went into the next which had Lily's crib in. "You got a big girl room Lil." I smiled but Lily didn't look too happy. "Me wanna stay wiv Cakey." She said grumpily. "Tell you what. Try and sleep in your room Lil but I'm only the next room so if you ever want me, jus shout of me. Deal?" Lily smiled a bit and nodded. "You sure Cait?" Dad whispered. "Positive." I smiled.

That night Lily wouldn't stay with mom or dad to settle. "I'll go up and calm her." I said quietly. "You gotta take it easy baby." Dad said. "I'll be fine." I went upstairs and told mom I'll take over. Mom passed Lily over to me and I sat on the chair. I fed Lily her bottle but she didn't fall asleep so I gave her her pacifier and after a few minutes, she dozed off. I gently kissed Lily on her head and put her in the crib and wrapped her up.

I went downstairs and sat on the sofa with mom and dad. "You're amazing Cait." Mom smiled. "I only put her to bed." I laughed. "I think there'll be a bit of jealousy though when the new baby comes along. I don't think Lily will wanna share her big sis." Dad said. "I'll still be spending time with her just as much." I replied. "For now though you're gonna focus on getting better. You can't overdo yourself." Mom brought me into a hug. "Mom's right baby girl. Let's focus on getting better first." Dad stroked my face.

At about 10pm I headed up to bed. I checked on Lily before going to bed and she's sound asleep. I headed into my room and got into my pyjamas and in bed. It felt weird that I didn't have Lily cuddling upto me. But I fell asleep almost instantly.

Negan's POV:

Me and Diana headed up to bed not long after Cait headed up. We checked on the girls before going to bed ourselves. We cuddled up in bed as we dozed off.

We woke up to someone screaming. We rushed out of bed and ran into Caitlan's room. "No daddy!" She sobbed in her sleep then started choking. She was having a bad nightmare. I shook her slightly to try and wake her but it wasn't working and I didn't wanna hurt her throat even more. I pulled her into my chest to try and calm her. After a couple minutes she woke up. "I'm sorry I woke you up." She sobbed. "It's ok baby. Daddy's ok." I smiled. "Come on, you're staying in our bed." Diana said. Then we heard cries from Lily's room. "Looks like Lil is too." I chuckled. "Let's get back to sleep." Diana got Lily out of her crib and the four of us got in mine and Diana's bed. Although the girls have their own rooms now, we still love having them in our bed with us, keeping our babies safe.

That's chapter 20 guys! I hope y'all like it