Chapter 5

Caitlan's POV:

The next morning, I woke up with really sore eyes. I must have been crying in my sleep. But that wasn't what I was paying attention to. Carl was in the bed next to me and had his arms around me. Rick and Lori came in and wondered what was going on. "Caitlan was crying in her sleep. I was trying to help calm her down and I dozed off." Carl told them. Oh my god, he's so sweet! Both Rick and Lori smiled and left the cell. "Th-thank you." I yawned and smiled. "You're welcome." Carl smiled back.

We both took it in turns to use the cell to get ready then we headed to breakfast. "So Caitlan. I just have three questions to ask you." Rick sat down opposite me. "Ask away." I smiled. "How many walkers have you killed?" "Umm about 5." "How many people have you killed?" "I haven't killed any." "Ok and why?" "Well me and my dad was at a spot in the country side for about two months and we fled to some sort of Lake District. We were there a good eight months because nobody was around until the walkers invaded. That's when he told me to run." I could feel myself well up. "Wasn't your mom with you?" Beth asked. "She died of cancer when all this started. And well the zombified version of her tried attacking me but my dad grabbed me just in time." "I-I'm sorry." Beth said upset. "It's ok. You didn't know." I smiled assuringly. "Why did your dad make you run?" Herschel asked. "There were too many walkers and I have extremely bad claustrophobia and he said if I tried helping I'd have a panic attack. So I just ran. And ran." I got told I could stay with the group.

After breakfast I wanted to be alone for a bit. I sat on the grass outside. I looked down at my locket and felt myself well up again. I just sat and cried for a few minutes. "Mind if I join you?" Carl asked. I wiped my tears and shook my head. He smiled and sat next to me. "How come you're being so nice to me?" I asked curiously. "You seem nice. Plus if you were gonna attack or be a threat to us I think you would have done that already." "You're the only person around my age that's ever been nice to me. At school nobody wanted to be friends with me because I was the daughter of the coach." I said quietly. I had flashbacks of when I was beat up and in hospital because of them three bullies...

I was brought back from the flashback by something touching my hand. Carl was holding it. "We've only just met Carl." I smiled. "It's the apocalypse so screw those rules." He laughed and he leaned in. Wait what? Before I could even process anything, Carl's lips met mine. Wow, my first kiss...

We went back inside holding hands. We earned a few wolf whistles from Daryl and Glenn. I felt my cheeks go red. "Grow up guys." Carol told them off. "We gotta kill some of those walkers outside the fence." Rick told us and we all went out to help. I had the knife that dad gave me.

When we were outside we were rattling the fences to get the walkers attentions. I killed quite a lot of em. Quite impressively too. Everyone looked at me surprised. "Where'd you learn to fight like that?" Daryl asked. "My dad taught me. Perks of being the coach's daughter I guess. Fast runner and good fighter." I shrugged.

After we all had dinner, it was getting late so we all went to bed. Me and Carl just sat on bottom bunk for a bit. "So you know about me. Tell me a bit about you." I smiled. "Well there isn't much to tell really. I only really had one friend when the apocalypse started and that was Carol's daughter Sophia. But umm-" "I'm sorry. I hope you don't think I'm gonna try and replace her." I said sympathetically. "No no I don't." Carl smiled at me. "Do you like comic books?" Carl asked and he pulled out a few. "I've never read any to be honest." I said and Carl was shocked. He leaned back against my cushions and started reading. "Woah who said you could take over my bed?" I smirked. "Well I was kinda under the impression you was gonna read them with me." Carl shrugged. I rolled my eyes and sat next to him. He put his arm around me and I read the comics with him. They were alright but they weren't really my thing.

After a bit Rick came in. "Ok guys lights out. No funny business." He told us. We both knew what he meant by that. Carl however didn't move off the bed. He laid down. "You gonna lay down or you gonna keep me hanging?" He smirked. I rolled my eyes and laid down next to him. Almost immediately, Carl wrapped his arms around me. "You ok?" He whispered. "Yeah. I just miss my mom and dad." I said quietly. "That's understandable. I hope your dad finds you." Carl smiled. "You that eager to get rid of me?" I smirked. "No of course not. I-I meant-" "Carl I'm messing. I knew what you meant." Carl tickled my sides before I could do anything else. Which ended up with me laughing. "Carl stop. We'll end up waking everyone." I stuttered. "Can we go to sleep now?" I smiled. Carl nodded and gave me a kiss, which I returned. I then cuddled up to Carl as we both fell asleep. I know I'll be reunited eventually with daddy. I know he's alive...

That's chapter 5 guys! I really hope you like it.